I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
Oh no, not your lovely boy. Hoping for the very best results from the oncologist so you can have plenty of adventures still.

Sending lots of love from me, Chance and Molly who would have loved to have been his partner in crime on some of his fabulous walks.

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
So sorry his other mummy is away at the moment too which I am sure makes it all that bit harder. I totally understand the practical planning though. I am very much the same and try to plan for all possible scenarios.

Glad to hear he is still enjoying his ball and yes dogs are awesome and can adjust amazingly well - I have a friend with a young German shepherd who lost a front leg as a tiny pup and she is the happiest girl you could imagine who loves chasing her sister and lets nothing hold her back at all.

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
Oh Fairlie, I am broken hearted for you all. If only every dog could have the love and wonderful life Rufus has been fortunate enough to have and hope you have a fair bit more time with your wonderful boy

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
Really glad to hear you have had some fabulous walks - everything firmly crossed for good results from the biopsy and your lovely lad sailing through surgery with no issues and complications.

Everything also crossed for your partners mum - so hard for everyone :(

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
Apart from low shedding Chance fits most of your requirements as a border collie cross Labrador. She is very much up for everything and has been an excellent all round active girl who is just as happy to curl up on the sofa.

I like to look at different breeds and types too, in reality I have always just ended up with whatever dog needing a home came around at the right time.

So awful to contemplate them not being here :( Molly is not doing well at the moment either and currently waiting for more tests for her too.

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
Molly was really poorly a few weeks back with either IBD or pancreatitis and has not been quite right since. Blood tests were a bit unclear so we have been for an ultrasound today and her kidneys look very far from normal although vet was not quite sure from that and blood results where to go next. She is very quiet and clearly not feeling great and drinking loads which she never usually does. Her IBD and pancreatitis have eaten up most of this years insurance amount so we are rapidly running out of money but I will find whatever is needed. She is a few weeks off 13 and just want her happy again really but not sure we will get there.

By nature Chance likes herding things - but she is also very obedient and likes to follow rules so she learned very easily that if the chickens were out at the farm they were not to be chased!

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
Phew, waiting for a call is just the hardest thing. Thank goodness all went well. Give him a hug from me please when you collect him (and yes I know I am well down in the queue of folk)

Hope your daughter is not sore after her scare xxx

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
I think sometimes the anaesthetic takes a while to full clear the system so hopefully he will be a lot happier very soon now his scary ordeal is over. Once he is fully recovered he can go back to his fabulous fun life and I am sure his worries will be gone

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
I always say wherever you go and whatever you do with your dogs you should totally know that you have the best dogs there - and I wish every dog had that security and love for all of their life.

The next two weeks will fly by now you have him home I am sure although I suspect he will be as restless as you in a day or two.

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
Hope you are having a good weekend and enjoying some chilling on the sofa time.

I do scentwork with both of my girls which they really enjoy and can send some instructions of the way we do it if that would be useful once he is fully recovered?

· Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
Ok scent wise I will stick with the scent I know best to use which is cloves.

Gather some cloves (the ones you would use for cooking) a killner type air tight jar, some scraps of fabric or better still sticky Velcro which is superb as you can stick it up anywhere. This link explains how to prepare your scent items and the sort of size you are aiming for initially and they take a few days to take on the scent fully. Target Odours — scentworkUK.com

You will also need about six identical items, things like housebricks, plastic pots, terracotta plant pots are all ideal to use to start with. Get all you gear ready and your scent brewed and we can move onto first step when you are both ready.

My Molly news is not good :( it is looking like she has some level of kidney damage although I am not clear at the moment if there is anything we can do about it. We are back to the vets on Thursday for more tests.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts