and we are super excited. He was very anxious his first night
But has started to settle down. Now I'm trying to get him use
To sleeping through the night and staying in his space
Without crying, any advice plz help! He woke us up three
Times last night!

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Hallo and welcome, photos please! I would suggest you let him sleep in your room until he has got used to being away from his litter mates. Lots of us start off with our puppies with us at night.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Welcome! Sounds a lovely little chap - what's his name?
How about crate training? A microwaveable warm buddy to snuggle, and a ticking clock?
Perseverance pays off, he is still very young.
But if you keep going to him when he cries, he will keep crying.
When we first bought ruby home she sounded like a lost seagull at night! :D
When we brought Ralph home, I slept on the couch next to his crate for the first 2 nights.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Welcome!
It is a stage it doesn't last for ever (although what with the sleep deprivation you suffer at the time it can feel like it!)
If you don't want him in your room you'll have to decide which approach works best for you - tough love, or gentle withdrawal. I used to pop down and give Kiki a snuggle, once she'd gone to sleep I popped her back in her bed. By day 4 she slept through and has been clean and dry every since.
Dot loved her crate and had a snuggly dog with a heat pad - she never made a noise - but she was a little older.
They are tiny new babies and they need lots of love and patience when they are so new.
Keep us posted and please attach some pictures of your little pup.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
His name is chance... I am trying to crate train him and it has been super challenging!
He tries to find every way possible to escape, he cries , I tried putting him iin a pet playpen to give him more space and he chewed and dug until he broke it. :mad: I don't know what else to do, he hates being confined.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome! Sounds a lovely little chap - what's his name?
How about crate training? A microwaveable warm buddy to snuggle, and a ticking clock?
Perseverance pays off, he is still very young.
But if you keep going to him when he cries, he will keep crying.
When we first bought ruby home she sounded like a lost seagull at night! :D
When we brought Ralph home, I slept on the couch next to his crate for the first 2 nights.
His name is chance... I am trying to crate train him and it has been super challenging!
He tries to find every way possible to escape, he cries , I tried putting him iin a pet playpen to give him more space and he chewed and dug until he broke it. I don't know what else to do, he hates being confined.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts