I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i was wondering if some one can give me some advice please my cockapoo goes for my 8 half year old rottweiller when i let them both out in the bk garden and he also does this when we go out walking as soon as they are off the lead my 2 yrold cockapoo goes for him my rottie is so laid bk he never goes for him when he does it could someone shed a lite on this matter and give me some advice also my cockapoo use to have a lovely black shiny noes but one morning got up his nose was brown someone said its his winter nose please help me

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
what is your reaction when your cockapoo goes for your rottie. did he do it as a puppy but now its not cute anymore.

my Gypsy gose for inca when out on a walk if she dosnt respond to me calling her, which was very handy when i was training inca but i must admit now its imbarasing as inca hasnt done anything wrong most of the time now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

he didnt do it as puppy his just started doing it6 months ago my rottweiller doesnt do a thing when imran jumps up at him growling i shout at him but he takes no notice i was going to get him gastrated but vet said it wont stop him doing it it could be he wants to be top dog but it makes me so cross ive squirted water at him chucked a bottle full of stones on the floor to try and stop him but it doesnt work :(im looseing my cool with him some one said to give him a tap and shake him when he does it its so embarrsing when we are out on our walks

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
dose it happen at perticular time, can you predict it like he gives your rottie a look and you like its going to happen now?

is there anything your rottie dose that maybe you cockapoo is picking up on. i dont mean he is provoking him as you said he dosnt even react to him. but dose ut happen when her goes to snif something or comes to talk to you.

as for nutering all dogs are different some it makes a difference others it dosnt, is your rottie done. you sometimes find it calms them down a but. it might not stop the behavur but it might lesson his exitment during it.

if you can pinpoint a sinario where you know her will start, the put a long line on him and set up the situation so that as soon as he starts you can correct him with the lead. rathere than it happening and you having to get the watter or what eaver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts