I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
well from my experience he looks like a 2nd generation cockapoo but a standard poodle should NEVER be use in the equasion !! but he looks lovely janice

·
Registered
16 Posts
My cockapoo Maisey looks almost identical to yours. She is also a F1 cockapoo with a miniature poodle sire and a cocker dam. I feel like she looks like a golden retriever! She also looks like a terrier. But both of her parents are AKC registered purebred dogs.

She does shed a little, but as long as I brush her, the hair comes off on the comb and not through out the house. I usually comb her every other day.

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
My cockapoo pretty much only looks like a cocker. He is still young, so it is possible that he will change as he gets older but I was really surprised how little he looks like a cockapoo. He sheds too, just a little right now, but it's definitely there if I am petting him a lot and it flies around haha

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Wilf did nt shed even as a puppy after grooming can get some 'dander'. Mabels coat is fairly flat .. it has a wave... but the white hair moults. Will have to wait and see . Wilf got curlier the older he got x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine looks similar

Hi Toffee

Our Cockapoo Martha looks very similar to yours.

Martha is F2 and we saw both her parents...her brothers and sister were all either curly or very wavy...she was the only one with a flat coat! Although at 5 months old she is starting to get a wavy area developing down her back.
She was our first choice as soon as we saw her....and you wouldn't believe all the comments she gets when we talk her out walking...everybody says she is gorgeous....to be honest, I am glad she looks more like the spaniel and not all curly (I'm a man and my other girl is a 23 month black lab...she is gorgeous too and even has a a cup, certificate and rosette from when she won first prize in a prettiest girl contest hosted by the RSPCA...she beat all kinds of girly dogs with diamonte pink collars etc....so I wasn't that enthused about getting a Cockapoo having seen them on the internet). Martha has such a lot of character and loves attention....her and Bailey (our lab) love each other to bits.

I will try and post a pic of her sometime

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Hi Toffee

Our Cockapoo Martha looks very similar to yours.

Martha is F2 and we saw both her parents...her brothers and sister were all either curly or very wavy...she was the only one with a flat coat! Although at 5 months old she is starting to get a wavy area developing down her back.
She was our first choice as soon as we saw her....and you wouldn't believe all the comments she gets when we talk her out walking...everybody says she is gorgeous....to be honest, I am glad she looks more like the spaniel and not all curly (I'm a man and my other girl is a 23 month black lab...she is gorgeous too and even has a a cup, certificate and rosette from when she won first prize in a prettiest girl contest hosted by the RSPCA...she beat all kinds of girly dogs with diamonte pink collars etc....so I wasn't that enthused about getting a Cockapoo having seen them on the internet). Martha has such a lot of character and loves attention....her and Bailey (our lab) love each other to bits.

I will try and post a pic of her sometime

hey welcome, cant wait to see photos, with F2 cross you tent to get atleast 1 but more often than not 2 what the call 'throbacks', theas are dog that come of more poodle or more spanial. most breeders of F2 tend to wait till they are three weeks old as untill that point you cant tell which one will be the 'throback', i dont think but will need to check if the breeder will sell theas at the same price as the rest of the cockapoo litter.

R

·
0 Posts
she is so gorgeous looks like a working cocker she has amazing eyes and lovely ears just wonderful love em all xxx wish i could learn how to put pics on here have tryed driving me mad janice :confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
im not sure of all the technical reasons, but your little guy looks alot like our "unoficial" first cockapoo we had when we were first married. She was blonde and shed a bit. She never got the curly hair. We always just thought she took after the cocker in her.
We ran across some pictures of a while back and we noticed how much she looks- in the face area- like our cockapoo, Pebbles we have now.
just some thoughts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
she is so gorgeous looks like a working cocker she has amazing eyes and lovely ears just wonderful love em all xxx wish i could learn how to put pics on here have tryed driving me mad janice :confused:
Janice

Thanks for the comments.

Just sign up tp Photobucket for free and upload your pics. When uploaded, go to the pic you want and there is some small boxes underneath showing different types of links. Click on the image link (the bottom one I think) and it copies it. Go to your new posting on the forum and simply click into the post and paste the image code.
Preview your post and if done correctly, you will see your pic.

Patrick

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
You're never sure what you'll get with two Cockapoo parents (F2, F3 etc) as they won't breed true. Looks like you got the one that took after the Cocker Spaniel side of the family. Martha is just lovely and her parents look great too. Best way to tell when they are very young is to look at the coat especially if you want low shedding. Curly pups have more of the poodle coat, flat/smooth pups are morely likely to have a cocker coat. Martha's dad is a very handsome looking boy and the colour is superb.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
gorgeous .... you cant be that stupid Patrick, you've explained the uploading/down loading photos thing so even i "think" i understand it ... thanks ... or maybe we've just got the same level of compehension lol x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks lovely to me

I got a 7 months cockapoo from a breeder, but when I look at him, he don't even look like cockapoo and he's shed alot... I was just wonder did every cockapoo shed alot or is just shed when they are small?? Can someone please help me!!! I groom him every night but still he did shed!!! I can send his picture to you when u reply my thread!!!
Thanks

My cockapoo is a F2 and really small at the moment but your cockapoo looks lovely and they do get throw backs along the cross breeding such a sweet dog just love it and it will reciprocate.

R

·
0 Posts
"""You're never sure what you'll get with two Cockapoo parents (F2, F3 etc) as they won't breed true. "" not right mandy i have sucsessfully bred whole litters of F2 with all the right carachteristics and non moulting coats you state wont breed true ? if you think about it the further down the f2 f3 f4 f5 line we go the more fixed in type they will become call it cloned do you agree ? but you must only breed with the best examples in the litter janice

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
HI My cockapoo does shed a little bit, just some really fine hairs on dark clothes...but as she gets older it is getting less and less....your pup does look more like a golden doodle or something like that... really cute whatever she is, as far as asking your vet, I am pretty sure they just go off of general characteristics just as anyone else would....I got my pup from kijiji too, and she is all cockapoo, Kijiji is just a free advert site, noting to say that they have to be completely honest....I did alot of homework before getting our pup.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts