I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9 month old cockapoo who I need to rehome , it was my sisters dog and she couldn't cope due to relationship problems and new job , she rehomed him twice inappropriately and twice he came back , I stepped in the 3rd time as I knew it was the wrong home again and decided to try to give him a good home myself but I knew it would be difficult as I have 2 cats who are my world , Kyle is gorgeous , loving , energetic , house trained,but we just cannot make it work with the cats , it's so difficult and he chases them and barks and I am so scared he will hurt them .I love him so much but it won't work out so I need to find him a new home for the 5th time in his short life.I have to be absolutely sure this will be his forever home as he just doesn't deserve this turmoil .I am in the North West of England.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
This is very sad.

Do you have details of his health checks and his parents etc? That will help people to make a decision. Also is he neutered? Have you advertised on pets for homes and some of the sites which are not gumtree? Also getting in touch with the cockapoo club Great Britain ccgb is a good idea as they have a member who rehomes Cockapoos to suitable definite forever homes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is healthy and neutered but don't have parents documents, hVent posted on pets for home as scared May attract wrong interest.I can't stop crying writing this as he is so lovely I so wanted to make it work , he's chilled here next to me after long walk , but I am sure he knows something's wrong yet again.
Will contact cockapoo club now.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Yes I would say contact Stephen at Cockapoo club GB, I know they sometimes take the dogs in themselves to assess them before rehoming, there is usually a list of people waiting to rehome them too, good luck, he looks gorgeous, it sounds as if you want the best for him and if that means finding a new secure home then you are doing the right thing, sad as it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dawn ,Stephen is getting back to me tomorrow as well as hollysefton doing her best to help , I can't stop crying as I love the little fella so much he definately drew the short straw when my sister went and chose him,wish he could be another happy Dudley they look so similar .

·
Registered
962 Posts
Stephen and Julia are lovely and I'm sure they will do their very best to help.
Just wanted to say I really hope you can work something out so this little fella can finally find a loving forever home.

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Thanks Dawn ,Stephen is getting back to me tomorrow as well as hollysefton doing her best to help , I can't stop crying as I love the little fella so much he definately drew the short straw when my sister went and chose him,wish he could be another happy Dudley they look so similar .
All the very best of luck. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm going to see him tonight with my mother in law. They lost their 2 cavapoos a few years ago and have been too heartbroken to get another, until I told her about Kyle. We are going to see him tonight so fingers crossed it goes well. I think it's ideal as he will have a loving forever home, and also il be able to help them with any issues and training and he will have two cockerpoo's to play with at weekends. I'm trying not to sway her decision and to let her fully consider the time and effort involved before comitting as this has to be a forever decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I'm going to see him tonight with my mother in law. They lost their 2 cavapoos a few years ago and have been too heartbroken to get another, until I told her about Kyle. We are going to see him tonight so fingers crossed it goes well. I think it's ideal as he will have a loving forever home, and also il be able to help them with any issues and training and he will have two cockerpoo's to play with at weekends. I'm trying not to sway her decision and to let her fully consider the time and effort involved before comitting as this has to be a forever decision.

Let us know how it goes! Xx

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Wow! I truly marvel at the wonderful people on this forum and the power of good that they can achieve. Best of luck xxx

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
i'm going to see him tonight with my mother in law. They lost their 2 cavapoos a few years ago and have been too heartbroken to get another, until i told her about kyle. We are going to see him tonight so fingers crossed it goes well. I think it's ideal as he will have a loving forever home, and also il be able to help them with any issues and training and he will have two cockerpoo's to play with at weekends. I'm trying not to sway her decision and to let her fully consider the time and effort involved before comitting as this has to be a forever decision.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
a m a z i n g :)

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
I hope that Kyle is soon settled in his forever home. It would be wonderful if it is with Hollysefton's MiL, because then we could keep tabs on him.
I'll keep my fingers crossed, but the most important thing is that he finds the right home for him.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi guys, meeting went ok, Kyle was very exuberant but I think generally he just needs time,patience, rules and routine as he's not really been naught. My mother in law and her family thought about him last night and have offered him a home. However, sue also has a family from Worcestershire coming to see him, they work from home and have children and she feels they are a better fit for Kyle. I've told sue to just go with who she thinks is best. It's a stressful time for her but at the end of the day she's got to do what she believes is best for him. My Inlaws where willing to put the work in, but they do work full time so a family working from home is probably a better fit. He's a lovely little fella so I really feel for him as it's not his fault. Hoping the visit with the other family goes well and Kyle gets his happy ending! X

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope Kyle gets his happy ending too, and that your in laws get a big pat on the back, either way, for being wiling to step up to the plate like that for that little man. :)

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Better he goes to another home rather than rescue, and then moved on again he will be even more confused :confused:
Rescues are a good way to rehome a dog, prospective homes are checked and the dog remains traceable. It enables an owner to take heart that everything is done to ensure the next home is suitable, genuine and the forever home of the dog in question.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts