I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank goodness we're not the only one with a Crocapoo! Sophie is 5 months and she attacks me and bites me whenever she can. She loves to do her running shark lunge, and bite me as she runs by, runs away when I go for her, and runs by again to bite me. Now she jumps on the couch and bites my arm, etc... When I say No she bites me again! I was hoping she would be a cuddly dog, but she rarely cuddles without the biting starting again.
She has lost several teeth now, and I can honestly say her favorite chew toy is ME!!!
Sophie will be spayed this week on Friday at the Vets. I hope she won't get worse as a result. ARGHHH
Thanks everyone for sharing. I thought I had the only demon dog puppy in the world.

Sophies Mom

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
We used to calmly pin jasper down until he submitted and relaxed! Once he did this we calmly let go and he would 9 times out of 10 go about his own business. Having a lead on them is a good idea as grabbing hold of a snappy crocodile puppy is a nightmare! Good luck and hang in there, they all get there in the end :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank goodness we're not the only one with a Crocapoo! Sophie is 5 months and she attacks me and bites me whenever she can. She loves to do her running shark lunge, and bite me as she runs by, runs away when I go for her, and runs by again to bite me. Now she jumps on the couch and bites my arm, etc... When I say No she bites me again! I was hoping she would be a cuddly dog, but she rarely cuddles without the biting starting again.
She has lost several teeth now, and I can honestly say her favorite chew toy is ME!!!
Sophie will be spayed this week on Friday at the Vets. I hope she won't get worse as a result. ARGHHH
Thanks everyone for sharing. I thought I had the only demon dog puppy in the world.

Sophies Mom
Yep! It's good to know I'm not the only one with a shark-pup (I like to refer to her biting as "sharking"). :)

I am starting to see some improvement with Peanut, but she actually does have real behavioral problems (she throws some pretty serious fits). I've been working with a trainer (on top of going to puppy school) and the issue with my pup is frustration tolerance, some puppies have it, some don't. Mine unfortunately does not. :) I've been working with her for three-four weeks now and I'm starting to see a difference, but we've got awhile to go yet. I'm doing lots of daily rewards based training and handling exercises to start building her tolerance. I can't do any dominance based training with her as that only makes her more frustrated (I can't even speak in a firm tone, hehe). Everything I do is happy, playful and calm...and there's usually a lot of silly songs being sung to her, which for some reason, she seems to like... :)

I've found the only thing that has worked for me is to pop her in my downstairs bathroom every time she bites and say "no biting" in a cheerful tone. After a day or two of her spending A LOT of time in there, she started to get it. I highly recommend puppy proofing the area completely, I made the mistake of leaving toilet paper within reach...

At least she let's me pet her now, I'm still confident that we'll cuddle some day!

Anyway, good luck and I know it will get better for you two soon. I thought I would never see any improvement, but I did (...with the help of a few glasses of wine...every day).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh Sarah, you are not on your own at all! Don't want to put you off by this, but at 6 months old Cookie is still biting which is very annoying! Only today she jumped up and nipped my leg which was really hurt! She keeps biting my daughters feet, our hands....She had all her teeth came through but the biting still going on, if I tell her no then she'll bark at me , she's got a big attitude ! Although we do get cuddles between bites which is improved from before, but I would like her to stop completely! Isn't 6 months long enough to stop? Now when she gets crazy and start biting, I'll grab some treats and ask her to sit, watch or wait, and that would calm her down...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - oh I do feel for you, my boy was just like this and it seemed an age before he calmed down, I also tried everything - the only thing I will say is like you when I tried a firm approach (holding his muzzle shut with a firm NO) he came back at me and I thought 'well that just makes him worse'...but when it was too late for me to try I found some advice that said if they come back do it again and again until they get the message and don't come back at you, that it usually just takes 3 or 4 times maximum, as I tried everything else I would definitely have given this a go, although I expect some may feel its a little harsh, I guess as long as you are firm but gentle and say no calmly, not getting wound up it would be fine. The only things that made it bearable for us were distraction with other toys (for a very limited time!) and time outs but he did improve loads when he lost his puppy teeth at around 20 weeks - I know that will seem like an age to you now. It could be that she gets overtired as well but without a crate (I don't think you mentioned one in your post), it would be quite hard to enforce rest time.
Glad I’m not alone. Mine caught my finger yesterday, while trying to attack and now I have a 1cm gash on my ring finger. This wasn’t what I was expecting. She just turns into a monster and attacks. She’s 12 weeks today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad I’m not alone. Mine caught my finger yesterday, while trying to attack and now I have a 1cm gash on my ring finger. This wasn’t what I was expecting. She just turns into a monster and attacks. She’s 12 weeks today.
Hi Carol, I have a 14 week old Cockapoo boy, last night he bit my finger so badly I cried, he is a crazy doggie, very aggressive. We have him since 9 weeks old & It's not getting easier. Its getting more difficult actually, He growls / lunges / bites, is very food motivated constantly crying for food. I am bringing him to the vet tomorrow to ensure its not a health issue, maybe he has an ear infection or something. Due to Covid 19 lockdown I can't bring him to puppy training classes unfortunately so I completely sympathise with your situation. Hopefully it gets easier. I am at my wits end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Carol, I have a 14 week old Cockapoo boy, last night he bit my finger so badly I cried, he is a crazy doggie, very aggressive. We have him since 9 weeks old & It's not getting easier. Its getting more difficult actually, He growls / lunges / bites, is very food motivated constantly crying for food. I am bringing him to the vet tomorrow to ensure its not a health issue, maybe he has an ear infection or something. Due to Covid 19 lockdown I can't bring him to puppy training classes unfortunately so I completely sympathise with your situation. Hopefully it gets easier. I am at my wits end.
I now feel a bit scared of her (not something I want to admit to friends and family). Twice she has lunged at me this evening, I have put her in her crate for a couple of minutes each time. I am sitting at the table, minding my own business. Like Covid 19 it started out seeming not too bad but seems to be heading towards a peak. I’m hoping to flatten the curve - otherwise I won’t be able to cope. I am training her to respond to ‘leave it’, with rewards of course. Ideally I want her to realise I’m not for chewing or biting.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts