I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

My Cockapoo stopped jumping into car

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MrMotivations 
#1 ·
Hi, I wonder if you can help me. My Cockapoo Prince will be 5 in September and has always been able to jump into the car. However, just lately he goes into a springing position but can’t manage the jump. This morning, he was trying to jump on my bed, something he absolutely loves. He tried desperately three or four times, again going into the springing position but unable to make the jump so my husband had to lift him up onto the bed. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with him. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

#5 ·
I have found over the decades that "assists" are best for any dog who wants to go ride, sleep on the bed. The impact from jumping down is hard on their joints and spines. We have a staircase to the bed, which our now only remaining dog, a toy poodle, uses, and a similar one for the Jeep. She would otherwise jump off the 3 foot bed. Our ****-a-poo loved the stairs. We lost her just after Thanksgiving here in TN, at 14 1/2 way too short years. Steps help stave off arthritis. It's also my experienced opinion that fresh made commercial dog foods will prevent the likelihood of avoiding congestive heart failure, which I believe is brought about by dry kibble, a product made to live on a shelf for 2 years!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.