I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you may know I am feeding half raw and half kibble.

On another forum we have a thread going whereby the RAW feeders are photographing their dog bowls.

I couldn't help but laugh at one with chicken feet in them and another with ducks tongues.

I asked where they got them and told chinese supermarkets and that you might pick up a bargain.

As I have one near me off we went today= but it was really expensive and no feet or tongues to be had.

I did pick up some chicken hearts, pigs liver and chicken bones ( big chunks) and a complete hen!! all frozen- luckily I found one without the head as I can't do heads :eek:

Any way got my hen defrosting as I speak- but have to show you- I think it might need a pedicure :laugh:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
eugh! :undwech::eek: Gross! That's why I feed kibble!!!! lol :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But good on you being such a devoted mummy!!!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!! pre done raw is the only way i could go!!! EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!
I am such a woose!!!!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eugh! :undwech::eek: Gross! That's why I feed kibble!!!! lol :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But good on you being such a devoted mummy!!!
Well I feed kibble half the time too- but am enjoying getting new things to try.

It's all plucked and done just needs chopping up- and hubby is doing that he he :D

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Fab, I hope you have taken a good picture of the hen! You will have to let is know if they enjoy it? Are you giving them the toes to nibble on? :eek:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fab, I hope you have taken a good picture of the hen! You will have to let is know if they enjoy it? Are you giving them the toes to nibble on? :eek:
Well the pictures above and that's all your getting :p

Yes going to give them the feet - not sure if I might need to trim the talons though as they are huge!!!

I showed them it- and they both had a crafty sniff and lick of the toes :eek::eek::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I thought you were going to put the whole thing in the bowl for the 'Whats in the bowl?' thing! ;) I could just imagine Monty with one leg and Milly with the other playing tug of war with their dinner! :D

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I have to add that if I photographed what is in Daisy's bowl tonight you would all be feeling very queezy! I ordered a selection of minces from Rawtogo and they substituted one that was out of stock with 'raw meaty chunks'! Meaty chunks of what I have no idea but it is seriously gruesome looking! Lots of organ bits and tubes. Needless to say the Lady Daisy has turned her nose up at such yuckiness, well after she dragged several bits across the floor! :eek:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought you were going to put the whole thing in the bowl for the 'Whats in the bowl?' thing! ;) I could just imagine Monty with one leg and Milly with the other playing tug of war with their dinner! :D
ha ha!! no going to chop it up into big chunks.

OMG there would be a fight if I just gave the whole thing whole.

Milly growls at him if he even dares to take one foot near her when she is on sofa with her stag bar even though his one is on the floor.

Even if he is the other side of my coffee table she growls at him and he looks so upset when she does it bless him.

Mind you 9 times out of 10 madam had both of them- but he isn't too fussed over it anyway.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to add that if I photographed what is in Daisy's bowl tonight you would all be feeling very queezy! I ordered a selection of minces from Rawtogo and they substituted one that was out of stock with 'raw meaty chunks'! Meaty chunks of what I have no idea but it is seriously gruesome looking! Lots of organ bits and tubes. Needless to say the Lady Daisy has turned her nose up at such yuckiness, well after she dragged several bits across the floor! :eek:
Ha ha what are they like- Milly dragged a piece of chunky tripe out of her bowl the other day and placed next to it. Don't know why as she ate the other bits :confused: but silly madam forgot and Monty swiftly took advantage and gobbled it up.

But OMG I have seen all sorts in photos now: big whole hearts and livers- still can't beat another thread a while back where some one posted their rotties eating whole pigs heads :eek::eek:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Bleughhh! I don't think I fancy that! Not sure Daisy would know what to do with it! Oh yes I do, eat half and hide the rest under a sofa cushion! :eek:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's eyes that I have problem with hence why I was so glad I found the hen without the head, all the other had heads on.

It was bad enough when I gave them Sprats with all these eyes looking at me :eek: even with me parsley garnish :D:D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The problem I have is that when I give Dylan anything in lumps, like chicken wings, he won't eat it in his bowl but drags it out and eats it on the rug :(

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well they had the legs of the hen today.:D

I did give a mini pedicure in that I trimmed one talon and cut off another as they were really long and sharp.

They were not too sure at first but soon tucked in though eating the meaty bit first and leaving the foot to last :D:D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The problem I have is that when I give Dylan anything in lumps, like chicken wings, he won't eat it in his bowl but drags it out and eats it on the rug :(
Whilst the weather is nice let them eat outside or what some people do is place it on an old towel.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
sorry I just missed the first pic .. bowl of food... :S

OMG those legs .. Monty and Milly look like they approve ..

Shirley .. my two are doing well on Barking Heads .... thanks for your positive feedback on the range ..

I will do a full review after a month of testing ....

As you know they eat kibble plus enjoy chicken wings too... trying to cut back a little on the wings give them a fair go on the kibble ...

Do you think you will switch over to full raw?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Mmmm this is the best thread to look at when eating! :eek:

I would love to get Vincent on a more raw diet but I can just imagine my boyfriends face when I bring home a load of chicken heads and feet!! He got freaked out once when I ordered calfs liver when out eating :p

1 - 20 of 39 Posts