I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think his blue eyes may have been the flash ! Im not sure. But having just looked at the picture I took of him outside they do look dark blue ! They have only just opened tho. Are blue eyes different ?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
aww so cute.

almost all puppys have blue eyes, they will probably go brow at some point

·
Registered
818 Posts
Adorable fella. =D Who is his breeder?

On the eye color thing, when they open their eyes at two weeks they are always 100% going to be blue, and have a overcast film like a cataract. The film goes away soon, and their eyes go to their set color later. Real blue eyes have to have a certain genetic code and are a lot rarer. Normally a eye that will stay blue will be bright from birth, not this deep blue that Bear has. His should be a dark almost black brown once he's grown.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow green eyes would be amazing ! as would blue but his parents are both black so I am assuming they will turn very dark :)

Enneirda... I'm getting him from a lady who has just bred them for the first time here in Hampshire. Both parents are KC registered and checked. His mum is a lovely cocker, black with grey and his dad is a minature poodle (also checked and KC) so we dont know how cockapoo-ish or curly he will be but as his coat already has quite a few ripples going on I hope he will curl up over the next few weeks :) Having looked at other pups they look pretty smooth to start with also.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:) Thanks Dave !
I just hope he gets all curly ! There are signs of waviness there, looking at other pups he looks ok but you never know ! He is F1 and I bet I get the cockapoo who needs curling tongs lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Enneirda
Im not sure lol. I think maybe she meant the poodles eyes have been checked. I would think so as she shows him and he wins prizes etc His mum is a working gundog i think. I will ask more questions on friday when we visit again

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
theyb generaly test both parents but i dont know exactly what is invalved.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Eyes are one of the main problems for both breeds, so that's good. And titles are great, means they got good temperaments and confirmation. =)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts