I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thankyou. What age can they start learning tricks
When you say tricks, do you mean commands?

You can start the sit,stay,leave command etc from when you bring your puppy home.

Cockapoo's are really intelligent and pick up on these commands quite quickly if you commit to training them, you need to be consistent.

These basic commands do help with everyday life with your dog, but I do know that a few people have learnt their pup to high five and rollover xx

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
A crate would most probably help with a blanket over the top. It will make him feel like he is in a secure den, which is what he would be in in the wild. Sometimes when they have a whole room they feel very anxious as they feel they have to 'guard' the whole space by themselves. Definitely worth trying!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey just a quick update. The past few nights Alfie has stopped crying when we leave him at night and he goes into his bed and sleeps most of the night. Today we bought him a crate which we put his bed in and he sleeps I'm his
Bed in the crate. We leave the doors open on the crate so he can still get a drink and use the toilet. He doesn't like using going to the toilet outside he gets too distracted by all the moving things out there and must eats them:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aww how cute. Can't wait until we can start walking alfie because at night he just goes crazy running around because he hasn't burnt off enough energy :)) They are very smart, we have had ours a week now and he knows a few commands

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.