I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the sweetest boy in the world and I am not kidding he would be the perfect dog if he would just quit pooping in my house. He loves to play in the back yard, go for long walks (as I beg him to go poo poo) then we come home and he does it in the house. If I catch him in the act his feelings are so hurt when he gets in trouble. HELP!!!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, do you have any photos

if he hasnt done a poo when you want, keep him on lead or crate him till you take him out again. if he is on loead you will see when is going to poo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a newbie and trying to figure out how to add pictures

I have the sweetest boy in the world and I am not kidding he would be the perfect dog if he would just quit pooping in my house. He loves to play in the back yard, go for long walks (as I beg him to go poo poo) then we come home and he does it in the house. If I catch him in the act his feelings are so hurt when he gets in trouble. HELP!!!

It is not allowing me to add pictures for some reason, I am working on my iPad so I might need to switch computers.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I agree with Kendal. If Nicky doesn't go poop on the walk, either keep his leash on him and attached to you (hooking it through a belt loop is the easiest) while your inside, or crate him for a half out and then out again. Give him something really special when he does go outside.

as I beg him to go poo poo
When trying to put going potty on a cue word, it's best to only say the word once wile said dog is in the act of going, and as soon as their finished giving them a high value treat and lots of praise. If the word is repeated to often, the dog begins to view it as background noise and it looses it's value.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I agree too. Keeping him on a leash or in the crate will eventually tell him that if I do not go potty then I have to stay here. I had a battle with Axle for many months, and after crating him alot, keeping him on the leash and taking him out every 2 hours he finally got it and now he will not go in the house at all. It takes time. And time means months sometimes. lol Good luck!!

Oh! And make sure when he finally does go poo you praise him alot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts