I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent the weekend since returning home from hols preparing the house/garden for Izzy coming next week. I have put the crate up in the hall so Phoebe and Caspian get used to it being there prior to her arrival. Right now Hubby is putting up the stair gate, which is not the easist thing to do on an ornate metal staircase! The kids' sitting room has been transformed into a puppy friendly family room (our sitting room is upstairs and we will DEFINITELY be sticking to the "no doggies upstairs" rule - only because the cat needs to have somewhere to retreat to!) I found a bag of old cuddly toys that the kids (or I) are not emotionally attached to, they have been washed and await their new owner...and then there's the shopping....
I have weed killed the courtyard and planted some pretty geraniums in pots - hope Izzy likes red :D
My husband is being as patient as he was before the birth of our 3 children!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I love it that you've planted red geraniums for her arrival too!! I have also been shopping, although we already had crate etc from when Maisie was a pup. It is a bit like having a baby .......only hope the sleepless night don't go on as long! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, Ali,this is almost exactly what we have been up to apart from the geraniums! Stairgate, old toys,crate building etc.... Great minds clearly think alike ;). Maybe I need to get down to the garden centre if only it would STOP RAINING :rain::rain:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi Ali,yes i too am in full on nesting mode! Today i have been de cluttering,painting,organising and just keep looking at all my new puppy purchases....cant believe its only a week until we pick our girls up! Its almost like i want her to approve of her new home! Sad i know:eek: Or simply the fact that...Kids off school + puppy= no time for anything:D x

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have weed killed the courtyard and planted some pretty geraniums in pots - hope Izzy likes red :D

I hope Izzy is more ladylike than Biscuit with your new geraniums. Biscuit LOVES plants - I mean in the fight with them and eat them sort of way :eek: She also runs right behind them alongside the fence at supersonic speed when she is about to do a poo :D We have tried distraction but it hasn't worked so this evening we worked on training in the garden with some teeny pieces of cooked chicken. She picked it up amazingly fast and will come on command, sit and wait for us to go into the house first.

When she begins to attack the plants now we lure her into a training session as she is mad for meat! Hope all goes great with the new puppy and please keep updating us when you get a chance in the madness of those first few days. Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
My of my, you have been a busy bee. I didn't get the chance to nest and prepare. By the time my husband finally said yes we could have a puppy. I found one available that day and collected her 2 days later. Bit of a rush really :D Story of my life.

We had definite rules too in place. ie not on the furniture - it went in about 30 secs. Millie was just too cuddly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts