I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is hypothetical as we do not have dog number 2 yet but ws just thinking about names.

Would it confuse them if the name ended in the same sound?

We already have Alfie, so if we were to get a bitch and call her Maisie could that potential cause confusion? Even though the chances are if I was calling one dog i'd want both of them anyway lol...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well...I had a Woody and a Ozzy (dogs) at the same time without any trouble, but they do sound the same at the end. Bette puts up with my cats nicknames--Normie, SeeBee, and Hannie. Never realized I have a --eee thing going! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I would have thought they sound different enough. We have Maisie and Bess as I wanted to avoid another "ee" sound ..... although I do sometimes call her Bessie!

You could anways shorten to Alf if there were a problem.:D x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I think Alfie and Maisie sound ok (both lovely names too) ... I know this may sound crazy but I practice calling the names I like .. as if I was recalling my dogs ... I bet the family think I am mad but hey I know why I am doing it, as I dont want the names to sound too similar :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hattie's housemate was going to be Harry but the are very similar when called! As Hattie is going through her teenage phase (Am I bothered?) I have gone for Minton as it is a totally different intonation. (For anyone interested called Minton because I will pay for him with the money saved as my trip to BadMINTON horse trials was cancelled due to wet weather!)

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I think Alfie and Maisie sound ok (both lovely names too) ... I know this may sound crazy but I practice calling the names I like .. as if I was recalling my dogs ... I bet the family think I am mad but hey I know why I am doing it, as I dont want the names to sound too similar :)
I heard an actress saying she wanted a dog called Taxi as it would be fun shouting it out, I once knew someone with dogs called Nookie and Crumpet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.