I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this has been asked before but there are so many threads on Natural Instinct I cant wade through them all!

Dexter is very well established on Natural Instinct and he is due to spend a week in kennels soon. The kennels are pretty adaptable and will feed him his daily chicken wing but don't stock NI and have never even heard of it. I'm not sure how they would cope with dividing his semi- defrosted 1 kilo tub into ten portions like I do! I could send him in with lots of little labelled tupperwears but I'm tempted to just send him in with a bag of Origen (Dexter will eat it but he won't be that pleased!). Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
I'd do the orijen thing....do they have the storage to keep his food all frozen and everything ?? I mean if they will do it you could always divide it up into little freezer bags all portioned out. That way dexter wont be doo upset with you, but I guess it would depend on what the kenal is offering to do

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
id ask them what freezer space they have and ask if you gave then induvdualy backed meals would they have the freezer space for it.

my work doesnt have the freezer space for my girls to be in for a week on raw even if i fed them before puting them in and didnt give them any food for the day of picking them up, so id be a little stuck.

if youg going to do the origen, then change him a day or two before he goes in so you know his tummy is settled before he goes in.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes freezer bags are a possibility thanks, although I'm tempted to take in the Origen. (I dont want them thinking he is a spoilt little pooch!)

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link Janet- I did remember it had been mentioned before. I think I will take in his naturediet which he used to like- I don't want him sulking all week at being given dried food again!

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
http://www.k9natural.co.uk/
Hi this is worth a look as a solution for your problem, it is freeze dried barf have a read as a little expensive but could be great for occassions like this, think it works out to £6 something per kg, once prepared. just need warm water. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Id speak to them they must have other dogs go in who are on speical diets etc for certain things so im sure they would do it ,but i prob would portion it all out and label just for piece of mind really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts