I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new pet store has opened at my local garden centre called Pets' Corner. It stocks Natural Instinct. I have bought a couple of kilo plastic boxes for Dexter to try that fit nicely into my small fridge freezer- one of which is defrosting overnight. I have my instruction booklet about the amount to give according to weight but I just wondered how many days a kilo usually lasts?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Mine have been lasting about three to four days. I upped the amount I was giving her as she was constantly hungry and 100g seems about right, although I am also giving her chicken wings too.

Let us know how Dexter gets on.

By the way, I've found that it takes longer than overnight to defrost a whole tub. I've taken one out of the freezer this evening ready for tomorrow, but I've left it out on the side for the evening and am going to put it in the fridge when I go to bed. (it might just be that I have a very cold fridge though!)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
For a young pup it might last 4-5 days, but if you calculate about 5% of dexters weight per day, that should tell you. If its longer than 5 days then you can wait for it to partially defrost and cut it up, refreezing some of it to keep longer. Let us know how he gets on.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
A new pet store has opened at my local garden centre called Pets' Corner. It stocks Natural Instinct. I have bought a couple of kilo plastic boxes for Dexter to try that fit nicely into my small fridge freezer- one of which is defrosting overnight. I have my instruction booklet about the amount to give according to weight but I just wondered how many days a kilo usually lasts?
Hi Tessybear,

Is this Country Gardens at Walton on Thames - I drove there yesterday and went to Pets' Corner to buy some NI for Maisie and she loves it so far. I partially defrosted it and divided it into 8 portions - maybe I'm being mean but for an adult it says 2-3% of body weight per day and she only weighs 5.2kg so that seems about right. I can always adjust it if need be - its only day 2 on NI for her.

We must live quite close - maybe we could meet for a dog walk sometime, and anyone else in Surrey... :D

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it's Country Gardens in Walton. How many meals a day does Maisie have? I'm definitely up for a Surrey walk I think there are a few of us.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Yes it's Country Gardens in Walton. How many meals a day does Maisie have? I'm definitely up for a Surrey walk I think there are a few of us.
Maisie has 2 meals a day. She has never eaten well, I've changed food 2 or 3 times and it hasn't made much difference, so I'm really hoping NI is going to be better.

Yes, a Surrey walk would be good - now might not be the best time as all the schools are breaking up and people will be going away - maybe we could arrange something for September though? :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
I cut up a 1kg tub into 8 portions, so feed 250g a day, but also give a chicken wing per day plus treats. Seems about right so far, but Poppy is always looking for food - greedy girl!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I cut up a 1kg tub into 8 portions, so feed 250g a day, but also give a chicken wing per day plus treats. Seems about right so far, but Poppy is always looking for food - greedy girl!
Oh, now I feel really mean.:eek: I was thinking 1kg tub would lastl 8 days!!! We are only on day 2 of NI, so can adjust. Maisie is an adult and only weighs about 5.2kg. How much does Poppy weigh?

I don't want to give too little. :eek:

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just gave Dexter an 8th of the kilo tub of NI for breakfast (which had nicely defrosted overnight) and he ate it in about 2 mouthfuls! It looks a tiny amount and he is looking up at me as if to say where's the rest of my food? I cant believe this tub is supposed to last for 4 days!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I phoned NI and they recommended for a Cockapoo.
Adult : 20g per Kg Poppy is 10Kg = 200g a day, tube lasts 5 days.
Puppy : 50g per Kg Rosie is 3Kg = 150g a day, tube lasts 6.5 days.

Both get treats every day so I'm sticking to guide lines and they seem to be thriving.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Great their not selling it at our Pets corner!!
Have just ordered big bag of orijen so will wait till he's gone through that first before starting NI.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I doubt they will be selling it at either of the Pets corners that I could get to, but I might have a visit there just in case..

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Did you notice my pitapata,im collecting Buddy on sunday now not Tuesday....

OMG im excited!!!
Argh no way!!!!!! How exciting, I am not jealous at all....;)

I had a look on the NI website and it lists which branches are stocking it, I assume it's up to date! I'll go there next time I fancy a drive or need some fish food or something, I quite like visiting pet shops :eek:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi Tessybear,

Is this Country Gardens at Walton on Thames - I drove there yesterday and went to Pets' Corner to buy some NI for Maisie and she loves it so far. I partially defrosted it and divided it into 8 portions - maybe I'm being mean but for an adult it says 2-3% of body weight per day and she only weighs 5.2kg so that seems about right. I can always adjust it if need be - its only day 2 on NI for her.

We must live quite close - maybe we could meet for a dog walk sometime, and anyone else in Surrey... :D
Hi there I'm in Hampton a lot and am going to try and find this pets corner in walton this afternoon. if you ever do fancy a walk private message me and i'll send you my number. pushca loves new friends
I have to try this NI that everyone is talking about

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi there I'm in Hampton a lot and am going to try and find this pets corner in walton this afternoon. if you ever do fancy a walk private message me and i'll send you my number. pushca loves new friends

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I bought some NI at Pets Corner - its in the Country Gardens Garden Centre, Seven Hills Road, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 4DD. They have a freezer full of it - its great for buying some to try but if your dog likes it (probably will :)) then its better to order online as its cheaper. A 1kg tub of chicken NI costs £3.99 in Pets Corner and online the same costs £2.85 (the chicken for working dogs is exactly the same with a bit more vitamin C which wouldn't be suitable for puppies but fine for any adult dog and that costs £2.45).

NI will deliver next day free if you bulk order. Website is naturalinstinct.com and phone is 01276 608500, they are very helpful. :D

Would be lovely to meet you and Pushca on a walk - I will do a separate thread in "Cockapoo Meets". :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts