I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am definitely decided that George is going to be fed on Natural Instinct . Question is when do I make the swop from the food the he is fed on when he comes from the breeders. Do I do it straight away or wait a week or so. He will nbe 9 weeks when we pick him up on 31st July and then we will be going away with him to Burghley Horse trials at the end of Aug so would like to have food sorted and settled by then.What do you all think

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Dylansmum will probably have the best answer.

But I suggest you speak to NI direct, they are very helpful and knowledgeable. They will want to know George's weight and how old he is.

Good decision :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Unless you can persuade the breeder to switch him, personally I would give it maybe a week to settle into home. Then I'd switch. With Dylan, he had a bad tummy when I got him home. I put him on chicken and rice on vets instructions and then from that straight to ni.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes I agree, we are intending to introduce NI to Flo but I think we will wait until she has settled in to start the swap! It's enough for her to get used to us without changing food aswell!
Wendy and Little Flo xx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
when getting Echo and Delta fromn sylvia we offered them their dry food that night but they never took much interest maybe had a couple of mouthfulls. then the next morning we gave them chiken wings, then in the latter normal meat i never had a problem. but i would always start them on a wing first then on to their meat meal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts