I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really hope someone can advise me , just brought my first ever baby boy (Alfie) home he is the most beautiful little boy but he is very smelly and I have just noticed a flea !!! As you can imagine I'm not impressed . Can anyone advise me of the best way to firstly get rid of the nasties and then freshen him up a little , many thanks Rachel x:confused:

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
we had to bath Inca the day we got her at 8 weeks but that was bacause she had an accident in the car on the way home.

i dont know if you can use normal flee tretments on puppys or if you need to get a puppy version at the pet shop. you should contact the breeder and let her know so she can treet her own dogs or inform the othere pups owners. pop a wee garlic tablit in with his dinner garlic is ment to be good for keeping flees and ticks away, try one a week.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
tike a fine tooth comb through his coar and see if you can find anymore.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to give him a really good comb through tomorrow , I thought he'd been through enough tonight with the 3 hour journey from cambridgshire.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
what have you called him, do you have any photos yet. what couler is he as you might be able to see anny flee dirt round his neck and back as that is where they like to go. when he goes for a sleep and a wee look through his coat, its always good to fiddle with puppys when they are sleeping as it means they learn not to care when they are awake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
His name's Alfie ,he's mainly black with white on his chest and a tiny patch under his chin, will get some photo's on soon, thanks for your advice :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Congrats on your new baby! Dylan was riddled with fleas when we got him. We spent the first day catching and killing literally about 100. I've never seen anything like it! By day 2 we'd got pretty much all of them, but I took him to the vet who checked him over and gave him a flea treatment. I can't remember the exact age when you can, but it's round about 8 weeks - probably best to let the vet decide. I got the doggy wipes which are quite good when they are tiny to de-smell them without putting them through the trauma of a bath so soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that , I only found 3 flea's so suppose thats a bonus , gave him a really good comb through today and have'nt seen any more, fingers crossed !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny and into everything, it's been a long time since I had a puppy you forget how mad they are but well worth it :D

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol it been to years since Echo was a pup and i still forgot how much work a puppy is when we got Delta, my problem is i forget she is still a puppy and exspect her to be like the others lol.

any puppy photos yet, how did he got on in the bath.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
bathed both of mine within first few days ... the smell of wilf nearly knocked me out when we opened the door after first night.... he ll happily have a bath now ... Good luck with Alfie x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts