I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two year old cockapoo. When I became pregnant he started marking.. on our bed and in the room where the baby will sleep. Eventually that tappered off. The baby is here now and I am home on maternity leave. Any advice on how I can make sure he transtions well when I do go back to work? I really don't want the marking to start again.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
has he been nutered.

how long will he be alone in the house for.

will he have free rain of the house or will he be confined to one aria/room.

has he been crate trained.

how was he when you used to work.

how long do you eave him for if your out at the shopps or out with the baby

oh and i forgot, welcome, whats your boys name would love to see photos of him, and conrats on your baby how old is he/she

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, lots of questions!
He has been nuetered and crate trained. We are typically gone about 10 hours a day. He is limited to the downstairs. Unfortunately he has the occasional seizure and I'm afraid of him falling down stairs. He has an accident once every couple of months (see post entitled "potty training"). The baby is now two months old and I will be heading back to work in two weeks. Since my son has arrived we've only left him for a few hours at a time.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol sorry but needed a little more info than what you gave.

10 hours is a long time to be left on his own, can you go 10 ours without needing the toilet ? (ok tht might be a silly question to ask someone who has just had a baby sorry)

is there anyway you can get someone to pop in on him to let him out for a wee.

im guessing if he has been fine up untill now with only 1 or 2 accidents a month it must mean something was different on the days of the sccidents ie it being hot and him drinking more, or didnt pee enought berfore you leaving for work.

i would try and test him go out for the day and see how he is.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hello and congratulations on the birth of your baby.i agree with kendal that 10 hours is way too long for a dog to be left even if he is getting out half wat through that period.Its not just about getting out for the toilet but he must be extremely bored being alone for that length of time and when boredom sets in thats when problems can occur.Dogs can also sense change so even before the baby arrived he will have sensed a change with all the new baby things arriving in the house.I would reccommend daycare even if its for part of the day when you return to work so he is able to release a bit of his energy and will be more relaxed when he returns:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts