I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my cockapoo puppy is
currently 52 days old, he’s an absolute peach and his name is Pluto. He’s been with us for over 10 days now. He’s constantly biting everyone, peeing everywhere, eating dust or garbage, starting to get aggressive when we touch him and crying when we don’t give him attention. Any suggestions would be great on how to go about him, we know he’s very little for treats and training and hence, we’re having an even harder time training him for anything.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Oh no - what happened to his family? He really should be with them until 8 weeks and that is where he would learn lots of social behaviour.

You need to divert him onto toys to play with when he is mouthing and go really gently with touching him so he learns to enjoy it

·
Registered
1 Posts
To echo above, he seems a little young to be away from mum and litter mates, but it is what is! And I’m sure you’re doing the best for him :)

In terms of the peeing and biting I would say this is typical of most young pups - having a good routine of taking them outside as soon as they wake up and before they go to sleep, and before and after training and play sessions will help. Typically ignore weeing inside and massively reward when they go outside - we use ‘be quick’ as a verbal command. Re: biting, whenever he nips you make a high pitched yelp and turn your back until he learns it gets him nowhere.

In terms of getting used to touch, you need teach him the lessons his litter mates should have done - if you’re too rough, no one likes you! A general rule is 3 (3 strokes of the fur then reward) lots of reinforcement until he acclimatises!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts