I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all.
i've just adopted a Cockapoo. I think she has mostly cocker spaniel in her. very much looks like a cocker... but her fur is wavy, and she seems to have the poodle skin without the annoying oils.

i've got such a crush on her already. i got her from a family who's other dog didn't get along with her.

Cassie is almost 2 years old, and very smart and happy, and nicely fearless (which is perfect for our 2 boys.) i am enjoying her wonderful personality... she can play so beautifully with my husband and 2 boys, and then she'll come over to me, and love on me and cuddle, like a stuffed animal. sigh.
i'm so thankful.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she's black with a little white on her chin and chest. thanks so much everyone. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
some photos...

she looks very cocker.... i have such a huge crush on her.. it's been since thursday, and she's proving to be everything the previous owner said she was. she's loving to everyone. beautifully crate trained, and house trained. patient and playful with the kids. not barky at all. sigh. i'm really enjoying her.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
she really is pretty. how much does she weigh? she looks little so cute!
I see she has her tail docked like my Lady...not alot of them do I am finding out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
isn't that the truth! i'm amazed at how soft and shiny her hair is. it's as soft as it looks. i feel really lucky.
i'm not sure how much she weighs... but she seems like a real porker. haha! she seems really heavy. i measured her chest for a harness, and it was 20 inches around. ha ha.

we call her Nubbins sometimes, because of how short they docked her tail. poor little thing... that little nub just wiggles and her whole booty goes with it.

she's doing well here. i'm so thankful for her being potty trained and crate trained. those are such big loads off in getting through the day. she is really picky about eating... and will not touch dry food unless it's mixed with wet food. so i've been giving her some pouch food mixed with dry, and she gobbles it up.

she really needs some training. yikes... she's all over the place when we take her for walks and she rips my arm around, she's really strong. and she bolts out the gate to explore the neighborhood any chance she gets... that's been the biggest struggle. i'm thankful she at least has her collar with our info on it. but it's frustrating acting like a fool every day trying to lure her back, ha ha. i clap and coax and shake the treat box. i'm really hoping that when we get her spayed, some of these urges will settle down. i want to do it right now, but we have to wait til we have some cash for it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
She's all over the place when we take her for walks and she rips my arm around, she's really strong.
Great vids for walking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFgtqgiAKoQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueE1S1k74Ao

My sis bought this book a while back, It's great: http://www.amazon.com/Bonding-Your-Dog-Trainers-Relationship/dp/0470409150 It's about growing a good strong bond, which would help with the pulling and the running outside too. I haven't liked a training book this much in a long time.

Great picts! :D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thank you guys so much! i'll check those out. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
her videos are great! wow!

·
Registered
389 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts