I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum and we are collecting our new puppy this weekend. He is an 8 week old black F1b cockapoo. I have the crate and a room divider/play pen sorted from a friend. Been recommended a vet bed crate mat. But a bit clueless about collars, leads, dog bowls and any other bits we might need. Food wise the pup is currently on Royal Canin so thought we would continue with this. Any helpful advice or top tips for preparing the house, shopping etc would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi there well you seem to be getting organised. They grow so quick in the early days so you don't want to spend a lot on leads etc. Pets at home have a lot for puppies small soft harnesses. They do collars and you can have your name and number engraved on it. There are plenty of bowls to choose from and also play toys. Happy shopping
Y

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum and we are collecting our new puppy this weekend. He is an 8 week old black F1b cockapoo. I have the crate and a room divider/play pen sorted from a friend. Been recommended a vet bed crate mat. But a bit clueless about collars, leads, dog bowls and any other bits we might need. Food wise the pup is currently on Royal Canin so thought we would continue with this. Any helpful advice or top tips for preparing the house, shopping etc would be much appreciated.
Hi our 8 week old puppy arrived a week ago he is adorable but nights can be a challenge getting a routine has been difficult and the washing machine has had to be used every day since he arrived until this morning. We only found this forum yesterday lots of amazing tips on eating habits and some ideas how to figure out his routines.
In regard to your question about the right things to have we went for the absolute basics and then topped up once we worked out what we needed we did get a collar from day one and has worn it every day, a little more each day, although we take it off when he is in his cage sleeping we were cautioned there is a danger of them catching is it in the cage.
We have tried his lead every day just for a few minutes but at the moment he really hates it setting off like a tumble dryer to be fair he’s settled a little this last two days with that.
We too used pets at home for his tag good easy system and lots of choice. Join their VIP app and some good offers and welcome gifts.
We suggest not to buy too much puppy food as we found trying to switch has seemed to effect his digestion hence the washer, reverted back to what the breeder used seems better again.
One suggestion we did and has worked is a finger cup tooth brush and toothpaste we use daily and having had previous dogs will pay dividends in cost and their health in the future. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get the paetsathome app, you get several useful vouchers for discount, free food, and grooming discount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts