I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My partner and I currently have a Jack Russell Terrier, a large Maine Coone cat and half a dozen Chickens. We have often ‘talked’ about getting another dog both as company for our JRT and someone else to enjoy our long walks but that’s as far as it gets. We bumped into a dog walking friend who we haven’t seen for sometime and they had gone from one dog to three and love it. So after some serious deliberating, web searching and discussions with breeders; we have just taken the plunge and agreed to join the ever increasing list of Jukee Doodle expectant owners.

We travelled to Jukee Doodles in Lincolnshire to see for ourselves where the pups are born and meet with Julia and Stephen. I’m sure it will be no surprise that we were
very pleased with both the excellent set up they have and the obvious care and affection both Julia and Stephen have for their dogs and puppies.

We are reasonably familiar with Working Cockers but have very little experience of Poodles as despite me having a secret liking for all things poodle, walking down the road with something pink and pom pomed is just not me. However, having met a few Cockapoo's and finding out more about their temperament, they seem ideal to both fit our lives and to make a good companion for Jess our JRT.

We are on the waiting list for summer puppies but are hopeful that we may have our no.2 sometime in August. Until then, we will read all the posts of cockapoo love and eagerly await our new arrival.

Gemma

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Welcome! I am also on the JD list, and so excited about the impending arrivals!

Sarah

·
Registered
170 Posts
hello. I am not on the list but I am getting my little girl Holly hopefully the first weekend in July :D:D I can't wait so I know how you are feeling about a new addition xx

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
hello. I am not on the list but I am getting my little girl Holly hopefully the first weekend in July :D:D I can't wait so I know how you are feeling about a new addition xx
;)but could be on their list next year awaiting the inevitable no.2 lol ...Eagerly awaiting these new pups, welcome Gemma and look forward to meeting your new arrival... great choice x

·
Registered
858 Posts
Welcome Gemma! We too are eargerly awaiting a summer Jukee Doodle pup. We felt just the same as you when we visited them and are really pleased with our decision; we know it was the right one.

It's great we can all get excited together!

Harri

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
One thing, I do wish that whomever decided to name this breed mix, could have gone for something other than a 'Cockapoo'!

I excitedly tell people that we soon going to get a new pup and they are all keen and then I say it's a 'Cockapoo' and they fall about laughing.

They won't be laughing when they see how beautiful she is!!

Gemma

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
One thing, I do wish that whomever decided to name this breed mix, could have gone for something other than a 'Cockapoo'!

I excitedly tell people that we soon going to get a new pup and they are all keen and then I say it's a 'Cockapoo' and they fall about laughing.

They won't be laughing when they see how beautiful she is!!

Gemma
You could call it a spoodle if you want, although I think that is more commonly the term for other spaniel/poodle crosses.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I always say Flo is a cocker poodle cross but people usually just say "Oh you mean a cockapoo". Most doggy people seem to know what a cockapoo is nowadays. I've also had people say she's a doodle dog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts