I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I have just joined the forum as i begin my research into buying a Cockapoo. I am a 47 year old serving Army Officer (desk job) who is looking for a companion who i can bring to work (i will need to train her/him well!) and share my lonely eveinings (i am a weekend commuter). I intent to exploit the forum in order to ensure that i get the right pup for me and the best home for his/her needs. The reason i am looking at cockerpoos is that i am led to believe that they are easier to train and once he/she is about 12 months or so, join me on my daily run across the training area here in Pirbright Surrey (fantastic for dogs). I would appreciate any steer, advice, or even potential puppy/dog selections (particulary in the Surrey area but willing to travel). I havent had a dog for about 4 years due to deployments etc (last one was a westie i had for 12 years) so will need lots of help with training etc. I am hoping to look at my first puppy this weekend in Bury St Edmonds. I like the chunkier looking ones with the short curly hair but i am sure my opinions will change once i start looking around. I only get emails through the day so please feel free to call or text with any suggestions etc out of office. 07427 641522. Many thanks. Jo

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Hello and :welcome: Jo. Starting a search is very exciting!

A great way to decide what type of Cockapoo you prefer is to meet them in person. There's a fairly large group of us meeting up shortly in Cassiobury Park, north Watford on Sun 11DEC. You're more than welcome to join us and you will meet crosses of every type: English show cocker, English working cocker, American cocker, toy poodle versus miniature poodle.

For more info about the meet take a look here http://ilovemycockapoo.com/showthread.php?t=4586

Good luck with your search and keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.