I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, meet Snoopy, our 9 week old , snoops has been with us for a week now and is settling in a treat, been exceptionally lucky that he loves his crate and has settled every night since he's been with us, toilet training going well and last night his crate was clean for the first time.
We've have some diahorrea for most of the week so a trip to the vets has led to some strong wormers and recommendation of a diet of chicken and rice. Snoops is 2.5kg and we've been giving him a cup 2/3 white rice and 1/3 roasted chicken throughout the day, just a little concerned this might not be enough but don't want to over feed him. Looking at changing his diet from the stuff he came from the breeders with to the origen puppy food, would you guys introduce this after the bland diet or return him to his original food and let him settle on that for a bit first? Any advice welcome, we'll be active members, keen for snoopy to be social and well trained.
Thanks guys
Ric and snoopy
Dog Sky Carnivore Dog breed Gesture

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Hello Snoopy!

I would probably play cautiously with the food and return to the one he was on at the breeders and give him a few more weeks to settle before transitioning to a better food.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Snoopy is a great name, he’s very cute. I’m impressed that you got such a great photo as all black dogs are difficult to capture. Our Digby is black and most of our pup photos are a black blob. Hope the tummy thing settles soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts