I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

New Mummy !

2K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  Mouse 
#1 ·
looks LIKE I'm a new mummy I'm happy excited and kinda scared I'v been looking for a cockapoo for about 6 months here in Ireland well tonight it was the family christmas night out when again it got around to my search for my puppy when I said it's sorted I have now found a breeder I'm happy with (Janice) faces fell at the table turns out I bursted my surprise pressy my sons have bought me a puppy like I said i'm excited but scared I would have liked to have picked him myself kinda a get to know one another feeling they did go to alot of trouble ticking all the boxes I was looking for, the most important thing to me " your the one " feeling I'v missed out on, I suppose I should not be worried but I'v always takin great care in the dogs I'v picked before, I had 2 westies in the past George lived to be 14 and died last year and Jeff who lived to be 13 and died 8 months ago, fingers crossed this all goes well, say hi to no name at the mohttp://ilovemycockapoo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1868&stc=1&d=1324249623

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
oh I'm itching to get my hands on him ! think I'll have him Wednesday should have been Christmas day but I burst that bubble, now I'm thinking names so far I have Charlie Rufus Martyn Harry and Henry but I think you need to meet one another before you know, do I sound silly or what :)

#8 ·
OMG how great is that! You shouldn't be disappointed, you get your pup much earlier than you thought! Which must be a plus ;) & also it's so thoughtful of your boys, how kind :D He is gorgeous! Bet you can't wait til the little guy comes home! I like Charlie for a name :D x

#11 ·
he's here ! OMG I'm in love ! so far everything is going ok at the moment he's taking a nap seems to like sitting on laps but think he needs to get use to his bed for a while, I'v never seen a dogs tail wag so much I think thats a good sign, we'v named him Kirby I'll have pics soon
and lotssss of questions !

#23 ·
update: first night home and I think I'v been sent a puppy from heaven I had his bed in the living room for the evening but then decided he might chew the tree and kill himself if left him alone for the night so moved it to the kitchen closed the door and I headed to bed wondering how many hours sleep I was going to get, not once did he wimper ! I'm just amazed even potty is going well he starts this little low wimper and I'v learned this is when he needs to go I'm thinking hes training me and not the other way around,
so far so good/great ! I think Mr Kirby and me are made for each other

#24 ·
Hi Shirl,

Congratulations on your new arrival. I know it didn’t happen the way you’d foreseen but it sounds like Kirby (great name btw!) is fitting in wonderfully!

My name is Turi and my boyfriend Marcus and I are getting our first Cockapoo in February. Mummy (black and white working Cocker bitch) is getting very fat as she is due next week. I’m SOOOOO impatient! I’ll read your posts with interest as I’m sure we’ll have the very same highs and lows with our pup!

Turi x

#27 ·
I upset the apple cart last night just a wee bit hopefully we'll be back on track tonight, Last night I made a big mistake and gave Kirby a feed around 9 thinking it was a long time to his next feed I put him in the kitchen around 11 then he decided he'd needed to go poo took him out to the garden and let he go this is when the trouble started of course I just took him back in and no way would he settle think he knows he gets playtime in the garden after potty, well did he yelp ! after about 15mins I knew no way was he going to settle so I went and picked him up and calmed him down after about 10 mins he was asleep, so tonight they will be no late feeds, we'r off to the vet today for his check up ! fingers crossed ,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.