I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just want to say Hello to you all. I have a 3yr old lurcher called Dave and was planning on getting another lurcher but it didn't quite work out that way.

I was contacted by a friend who had a 4 month old cockapoo and couldn't cope so could I help rehome him. Well once I saw his picture I knew he wasn't going any further than my house!!!!

We have had Jeffrey for a month now and he is brilliant, I have never had a dog like him. I am still learning about the breed and hope to get to know you all.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi just want to say Hello to you all. I have a 3yr old lurcher called Dave and was planning on getting another lurcher but it didn't quite work out that way.

I was contacted by a friend who had a 4 month old cockapoo and couldn't cope so could I help rehome him. Well once I saw his picture I knew he wasn't going any further than my house!!!!

We have had Jeffrey for a month now and he is brilliant, I have never had a dog like him. I am still learning about the breed and hope to get to know you all.
Hi,
I love the names!!! You'd better get some pictures on here fast- everyone will want to see Dave and Jeffrey!!
Oh, and Welcome!!

Pip X

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Welcome to you all .. seems to be a few peole form York recently, what colour is Jeff? Do Dave and Jeff get on well?.... your friends loss but what a fabulous gain for you x

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
:welcome: to you all. What beautiful boys, love their names - Dave is my one of my absolute favourite names , Jeff is new to me for a dog, but I'm liking it a lot :D

I am a blonde 'poo fan, Jeff is perfect :)

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
:wave: Hello to you and the boys..Dave and Jeff - great names! Did you rename Jeffrey when you rehomed him? The two names go together just perfectly :)

Clare
x

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
What a gorgeous dog! I can see why you said yes to rehoming him :D How great for you! He looks just like my Izzie (cream everywhere with dark goldeny coloured ears!) Do you know where she got him from? You live very close to me, I live inbetween Leeds & York :) Castleford area? So another Yorkshire poo meet should be in order soon :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He was called Rolo when we got him but it was too normal for us:p It didnt really go with Dave so we changed it.

Laura, I know he came from somewhere in Hull but according to his previous owner his father "serviced most of Yorkshire" :eek: I know Castleford a bit and a meet would be great, my friend has a poo as well (turns out they are half brothers) who is a month older than Jeff but they love each other.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Yes Rolo & Dave don't really match, so good call changing his name :D
Oh so he got around a bit ;) LOL, well Izzie is from Anzil so I don't think they're related, but they look very similiar in colourings!
I think I should try and organise a meet sometime in November/December/January time coming up as we are getting a new puppy at the end of october so would be a good few weeks before she will be allowed out, if there are quite a few on here in this Yorkshire region then our pups could have lots of new friends :D
There was a meet in Leeds sometime in summer I think (before I joined the forum) so another may be successful :) I have only actually met one other cockapoo that isn't Izzie or part of the litters when we picked her up so I would like to meet lots more, there must not be many in my area :(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts