I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning.....we are new to Cockapoos but not to dogs :)

We currently have 8 Shih Tzu's and 2 Mini Schnauzers. My wife has always wanted a Cockapoo so we set about looking for one (no, sorry not WE, but SHE did!).

Anyway, we found a reputable breeder close to our village and we went to meet her and her puppies. She has Mum (Cocker) and Father (Poodle) and we saw both.

In came two adorable 4 week old apricot puppies and we fell in love. We paid the deposit for Amber and off we went. Two weeks later and we are back to see Amber and took our two grand kids and our daughter and her fiance.

At the end of the visit we had bought Heidi (Amber's sister). So, we are now picking up two on 11th June.....must be mental...but they are beautiful :)

So in 8 days time we will have 12 dogs running around....a week later we have our son's 2 Cav's staying with us....:eek:

Anyway, that's us.....

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
welcome lol have you baught two pups form the same litter before, it souldnt be as much of an isue cosidering the other dogs are in the house aswell, but make sure they spend lots of time apart, normaly i would seariosly ask you to reconsiderd taking on two but again concidereing the dogs you already have they should mingle happley with the others rather than cling to eachother.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Ahhh how cool .. you really do have a house full of dogs .. what a lovely little story...

Please post lots of pics and tell us lots of tales when they arrive to their forever home ...

Walk time is going to be fun..... 12 dogs .. well you will be soooo fit :)

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
WOW 12 dogs! that's a pack and a half for sure! enjoy the two new additions

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks one and all....we can only take 4 out at a time due to by-laws so its in and out 4 at a time...great fun :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I struggle walking two ha ha ha ....

Four would be a challenge... thats what husbands are for I guess (don't tell him I said that .. he will never get me cockapoo number 3)....

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I think they are talking about bringing some thing similar in here ... do they assume if you've got so many then you dont clean up.. there'll be a few dog walkers loosing business x

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure to be honest but that was my conclusion but I also thought with more than 4 would you be seen to be able to control....however, 4 alsations compared to 4 shih tzu's or cockapoos is very different :rolleyes:

I must admit when I have 4 of the shiddies on the lead I certainly know they are there - quite fiesty little things when they want to be :)

As for picking up poo - the wife does that :D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Can just see you behind your pack of feisty shih tzus lol and as for the poo..... :juggle:.... she must have her hands full x:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts