I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Awwwww hello Stanley - he is gorgeous.

Take him out in the morning, stick your coat on and wait until he does go. Just ignore him playing with the stones, the more attention you draw to it the more he will do it, have some toys outside to distract him but also just let him play. Sooner or later he will go and at that point you need to reward him, it needs to be something he finds rewarding so better than belly rubs, a tiny bit of his food is good - but a tiny bit of something like chicken or a puppy treat would be much better.

Repeat throughout the day taking him out often and really rewarding him for going, if he is totally drawn to the pads then either move them so they are outside only, spot him walking towards them and take him out immediately or my preferred option would just be get rid of them totally as it is not something you really want him using long term.

Eating wise my pup was on 4 meals a day until 12 weeks, pups often don't eat well in early days so could just be settling in, just make sure he is growing OK - but cockapoo pups are usually really lean and skinny under all that fluff!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Personally I would bite the bullet, invest in some kitchen towel for the inevitable accidents which come with puppies and take away the puppy pads. I like to use cooked chicken as rewards for a tiny puppy - but the tiniest bit ever - maybe a quarter the size of a pea is plenty big enough to reward without upsetting tummies.

Mouthing is normal stuff too but often feels overwhelming - lots of toys to divert pup onto biting them, teach the kids to stand still, be a tree and call for an adult to remove pup, and use gates to keep pups and children separately unless they are supervised

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Best Youtube training videos are from Kikopup, my advice is try and sign up with a good reward based trainer who will be able to help guide you too. Best book is Easy Peasy Puppy Squeezy and there is also a wealth of information here Facebook Groups

Facebook memories today have my pup from 9 years ago on one of her first walks out and about and learning about sitting to pose for photos - all off lead (pup is the black one next to posing professional Molly)

Dog Plant Tree Gun dog Dog breed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts