I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

new puppy new owner

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  lady amanda 
Hi Helen - ooooh, really excited now that I'll get to chat with a litter mates mum! When we visited they did say that a few of the puppies were going to be called Poppy! My kids were really taken with the apricot ones, but there were only blacks left when we chose and our Poppy is a real sweetie.

Are you from Cheshire area too? We are not collecting our girl until 8 May due to holidays, so it will be great to hear how you are getting on.

We had a names shortlist of 24! Now we have agreed we keep thinking of other good ones, but think Poppy will stick. Let me know how the first few nights go. We are first time dog owners too, so we can learn together.

Forgot to say about adding the photo - I followed the instructions and it just worked for me. I expect more by luck than judgement. Sorry I can't help, but some of the more experienced users may be able to.

Really pleased she is settling in so well. We are going back for a visit on Monday. It's going to be heartbreaking leaving her when she is ready to come home, but know she will be better there than getting use to us then having to leave her again for a week. Quick questions - have you got a crate, and if so what size? Also have you got a harness or lead? So many options - I've spent hours on the net already! Good luck with the training - keep us posted!

Thanks for the info on what Sylvia gives you - I was going to get a collar and lead set. I have just ordered a crate with a divider, so should be ok on size. Looking forward to my first night - think I will probably cave if she cries too much, or end up sleeping in with her! Keep posting the hints and tips as they crop up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.