I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My self and my partner have just brought a new puppy cockapoo Bear. 8 week old

We are new to pups. So a few questions you guys could answer please

1) after the first vaccination can she meet dogs in her own home ?

2) how many times a day will she need feeding and what times ?

3) what food would you recommend. She is currently on skinners

4) will her fur get darker. I.e her brown hair

5) how much treats can a puppy have during training, and will it mean less dinner ?

6) during its early weeks. Leaving her while I go work. What is the max time she can be without me. (Mainly work from home)

Thanks again for looking guys. Any tips we should know please write. Any information would be awesome.

Thanks. Uploaded picture of bear.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Hello and welcome

1) after the first vaccination can she meet dogs in her own home ? She can meet vaccinated dogs in her home or their home straight away

2) how many times a day will she need feeding and what times ? 4 meals a day until around 3 months then three meals a day until six months when you drop to two meals

3) what food would you recommend. She is currently on skinners Keep her on that food for a while to let her settle in and then transition very slowly - take a look at https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/

4) will her fur get darker. I.e her brown hair - no idea - lots of cockapoos do change hair colour

5) how much treats can a puppy have during training, and will it mean less dinner ? Use part of her meals for her training - measure out the daily allowance and use from that

6) during its early weeks. Leaving her while I go work. What is the max time she can be without me. (Mainly work from home) as little as possible until she is happy being left. Your main priority is going to be housetraining and you want to minimise the number of accidents in the house as much as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts