I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just joined here. I got Dexter on Saturday and he was 7 weeks old. He is black and white, mother is a black cocker spaniel and father white poodle. I have enjoyed reading all your comments and advice so thought I would say hello.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Alison & Dexter Dog :)

Great news on your new cockapoo puppy ... we love pics and would love to see loads more of Dexter.

How are you doing, tired? Is he being a good boy? Puppy's can be hard work in the early days but it gets better very quickly ..xxx

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Hi there and Welcome!!! I hope you enjoy the forum, but warning it is quite addictive!! would love to see more pics!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Alison glad you've posted, Dexter looks lovely. Hope he is doing ok, look forward to more pics when you're upto it :D

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome when do you pick him up, were their many black & whites in his litter?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hi Alison and Dexter! Welcome to the forum and good luck with little Dexter. You know where we all are if you need any help and advice.

Harri x

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Welcome Alison and Dexter! Now the fun begins! Lol. Hope you have stocked up on kitchen roll! I remember when we got Rufus home two years ago I used up a whole kitchen roll in one day. He was tiddling everywhere! I've been more on top of it with Basil. Enjoy! :)

Karen x

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, there was one other black and white puppy in his litter and the other three were all black. Getting through loads of kitchen roll and at the moment he is in a dog bed in the kitchen but getting a crate today so will start crate training him as I think he will need his own space as have to girls of 8 and 6. He had a really good night last night and cried softy for about twenty minutes before going to sleep. He does keep hanging of our clothes a lot at the moment and I am trying to remove him gently as he seems to get the material caught on his teeth and then give him a toy.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I bet your girls are loving having a new puppy ... Dexter will be treated like a little brother xxx

Great to hear to settled well last night.. Good boy Dexter

I love crates ... you can leave the door open all day and Dexter will just go and snuggle up in there when he needs some peace ... our dogs still love their crates ... we have two crates which take up much room in the kitchen area, I was considering changing to dog cushions or beds but to be honest our dogs really like their crates, so will are sticking with them .... although they are old enough to be trusted xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi Alison & Dexter,

We got Arthur on Saturday too - 9 weeks old and a bundle of fun - he is also swinging of clothes and launching into plants!!!

We have had him in a crate at night since we got him 4 nights in and he' cracked it (fingers crossed) 2 mins of crying last night that was it - we had an hour of barking and howling Sunday night, so it doesnt take them long if your strict (although its soooooooo hard to be!!)

Nice to have another newbie!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts