I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am a new member on this site, having fallen in love with my friend's new cockapoo puppy. We are now looking for a cockapoo of our own and would appreciate any advice on Breeders in our area. We live just outside Chester in Cheshire.

Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Julie! Welcome! You're going to love this site! I live in the US so I can't really help you with a breeder, but there are lots of others that can, I'm sure! Good luck with youre puppy search. Can't wait to hear about it!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Julie I dont think you can help fall in love with cockapoos once you've met one . Where you planning on getting a dog anyway? There s someone going to sylmls in Lincolnshire from Chesire not sure if that meant they could nt find any where nearer. A few people have got pups from Anzil there in Liverpool. Have you looked on breeders online or epupz ? Good luck with your search what are you after do you know ? x

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi. I am getting my puppy from Sylml's in Lincoln, but live in Helsby - not far from you I expect. I discovered Anzil's in Liverpool after I reserved a pup, but did have good chat with him on the phone and he seemed really genuine. Also heard some good reviews on this site. There are 2 other Sylml's to-be owners on this site, collecting today and Wed if I recall correctly. There was one boy left from our litter (pictures on their website).

Good luck with your search - keep us posted!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, what are you interested in America/English cocker X Minni/Toy poodle, boy or girl, do you have a colour prefrence, what about generation ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I don't mind travelling a bit further for my Cockapoo so I will have a look at Sylmls. We were hoping to get a puppy in mid August as we had already booked our holiday and didn't want to get a puppy and then have to leave it with our puppy minders (my parents!) before it had really had chance to settle. Future holidays will, of course, be doggy friendly so we can take him/her along. We would prefer a bitch if possible, other than that we don't mind about colour etc.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Hi Julie,
We personally would recommend that anyone looking into the breed should visit at least two if not three different breeders (leaving your cheque book at home !) - when you find the right breeder you will instinctively know. Please be aware that the term "Cockapoo" is a generic term - and there are lots of different variations in "looks"; "temperament"; "size: and "colour". Each different type of Cockapoo is suitable for a different type of owner / lifestyle. If you are willing to put in the leg work (very advisable) and if you are thinking of coming over to Lincolnshire - then we would be very happy to show you all of our dogs and our set-up here.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome Julie. ^_^ Have you thought about a rescue? They do get pups in too. Not sure about breeders in your area, sorry.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hi Julie,

There's Jandaz in Wales too (not sure which bit and therefore how far it would be from you, but Romeo on here is Janice from Jandaz so try sending her a personal message).

I've never heard of a rescue Cockapoo in the UK. I'm sure there must be some, but as Cockapoos are nowhere near as common over here as they seem to be in the States, a rescue cockapoo is probably a bit rarer over here (and probably would be simply described as a cross-breed rather than a cockapoo). I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I trawled rescue sites for months when trying to persuade my husband to agree to a dog and never came across a cockapoo.

Let us know how you get on!

Louise

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Hi Julie,

There's Jandaz in Wales too (not sure which bit and therefore how far it would be from you, but Romeo on here is Janice from Jandaz so try sending her a personal message).

I've never heard of a rescue Cockapoo in the UK. I'm sure there must be some, but as Cockapoos are nowhere near as common over here as they seem to be in the States, a rescue cockapoo is probably a bit rarer over here (and probably would be simply described as a cross-breed rather than a cockapoo). I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I trawled rescue sites for months when trying to persuade my husband to agree to a dog and never came across a cockapoo.

Let us know how you get on!

Louise

people take on cockapoos not relizing how hyper the pup will be or how much grooming they need, or find that the dog sheds and a family memeber is reacting bad to them,or they dont get on with their other dog, they get lazy or relize they cant cope and look for a new home for them, you see older cockapoos on preloved and epupz.

labradoodals are also in rescue, their is a spesific organisation for them now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts