I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone just wanted to introduce myself , my names Julie , we are currently researching cockapoo's , hopefully we will be lucky enough that one day we will be owned by one ! ive finding lots of usefull information on this site , plus general "googling" but blimey isnt it a mindfield? any help or advice would be gratefully received , we have always been dog owners and now find ourselves without , the first time in 22 years , so got a massive gaping hole that needs filling , but i am willing not to rush in and i know in time we will find the right pup for us , thank you for taking time to read ,
regards , julie xx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome. do you know what your after. american/english (working or show) cocker cross mini/toy poodle. boy or girl, do you have a colour in mind.

have you tried breedersonline, epupz, pets4homes.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Can you be more specific about what you need help with? Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to get information and advice. I'm sure you will find your pup, and fill that horrid gap :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for your interest , I suppose we are one of the worse type of puppy finders / owners , we aren't to bothered if our new family member is a boy or girl ( after all you never get to choice with your own children either ) I do seem to be drawn to what I would describe as the dilute type colours creams / apricots etc but equally like the blacks and chocolates too :) after looking online we would prefer our cockapoo to be a larger framed body , and without wanting to sound daft .. What's the difference between the American or English cocker ? We also like the curly coat as to the smoother type coat .. Also I've found looking at the adult cockapoo pictures really informative cos like I said at the start of my reply I do tend to oohh and arrhh at all puppy pics :) I've taken up a very generous offer froma reasonably local cockapoo breeder to go to there place to have a proper look at pups and adults too think they are also members on here .. Jukeedoodles unfortunately they haven't got any available puppies , but we as a family are more than willing to wait for the right pup
Julie

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
The main difference between english/american cockapoos are that generally americans are known to be the smaller of the breed, so if you want a larger frame then maybe english would be better for you? I also heard that they are supposed to have longer coats (americans) but i'm not sure if that is in all cases or not. Would you prefer working/show line cocker? Izzie is english show x miniature poodle from Anzil & I know there will be puppies available as we are getting our second, and they have either golden/apricots and blacks :) However it does depend on which breed & what pups you fall in love with when you visit :) Most breeders will not let you visit until at least 4 weeks, although I know Anzil is generally on pick up as he likes the puppies to have had their jabs so that there is not risk of infection.
Good luck with your search! I hope you find your perfect cockapoo :D

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Jukee Doodles are indeed on this forum, as are many of their puppies - look at threads "Molly x Ziggy" "Lucy x Ziggy" "Ziggy x Lilly" - and check JD website, they have a "who's who" section that shows pups young and grown up.
Julia and Stephen will give you loads of help and advice, regardless of whether you choose one of their pups.
I waited months for my pup, and drove 5 1/2 hours each way, you're quite right to take your time, you'll have your dog for many years :)
p.s. Izzy is a Lilly x Ziggy pup :love-eyes:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Julie

Great to hear you are planning to get a Cockapoo.. fab breed...

You have owned a dog .. so you know all about finding a good breeder ... enjoy yoru search :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Julie great that you are visiting JD ... as we affectionately refere to them on here, you'll be able to see the little pups before they go to their new homes and ofcourse the 3 pups that were born earlier this year not to mention the lovely Buzz and Yum Yum .... a fabulous cockapoo experience for any propective cockapoo owner x x

·
Registered
720 Posts
Welcome Julie
Good luck on your search.
Cockapoos are a great breed with a loverly temperament.
I have two from different breeders and people comment how alike they are, in temprament not size.

Here are some pictures of Cocker's.

Working Cocker. Can have longer coat.

English Cocker

American Cocker

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi l will be collecting my new baby next sunday,yes from jukeedoodles l have been the same as you looked through all the main ones on line but not really coming up with anything untill l came to jd they are really good breeders although you might have to wait
there puppies are worth it,once youve looked at their puppies you wont want to look elsewhere good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi l will be collecting my new baby next sunday,yes from jukeedoodles l have been the same as you looked through all the main ones on line but not really coming up with anything untill l came to jd they are really good breeders although you might have to wait
there puppies are worth it,once youve looked at their puppies you wont want to look elsewhere good luck
Hi
I probably had a little cuddle with your baby then :) which one is it your having? all the puppies looked lovely , happy and relaxed . We had a lovely informative visit .. i now know what "mix" of cockapoo we like , although the children werent that keen when they realised how long the waiting list was :( but we explained the reason , and my youngest whose 12 said thats ok mum when you decide to have a baby you have to wait 9 months .. i thought a great way to look at it ! We did however have a major change of mind regarding colour .. we went with just liking solid colours in mind .. came away from JD's liking every colourway!!
julie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts