I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There
We got Hero 4 weeks ago. She was supposed to be a He - but hey ho ! - Not to be too morbid but we lost my 41 year old sister on the 20th April to Covid. She was a nurse for twenty years in the hospital she eventually passed away in. Hence hero is called hero, after Kirsty. Strangely enough we only found out last week that Hero was actually born on the 20th April. How spooky is that !!
Anyway, to my query. Hero is doing really well considering she was definitely the runt of the litter. She has an amazing personality, loves people and other dogs. She is sitting, leaving and answering to her name. Walking is still a struggle - shes not yet too keen on venturing far from our house. Hopefully that will come with time. She is super energetic in the back garden and on the beach. Loves digging !!!
She has mastered pooing outside however, no matter how much we praise her / reward her etc she is not getting the peeing outside thing. In fact she can spend an hour outside, come inside 20 seconds and pee !! lol Not used to this as we have only previously had cats. My son recently got a male Springer pup who is 16 weeks. He has mastered all toilet duties outside and did so after around 9 weeks. I'm assuming we shouldn't be concerned and that it will just take a bit of time ?. Happy to receive any hints or tips !! :). We take her out very very very regularly !!! Straight away after wake up and probably every half hour out with that - still not catching them all. Anyway. All advice warmly received !! All the best

John

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your sister.

Take her out after eating, once she wakes and after playing. If you think she needs to go and has not when you come back in watch her like a hawk and as soon as she put her nose down to the floor whisk her back out again. Reward anything outside and ignore any accidents, clean up with biological washing powder solution to remove all traces of scent

1 - 2 of 2 Posts