I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not had a blog before but my son was home from Uni last week and set one up for me. So we have used it to post about us as Jukee Doodles. It's better than a website as we can change bits of it so easily, people can make comments and become members/followers of the blog. It's been my new game for the last three days so thought you might want to be nosey and see lots of our Cockapoo pics. The address is www.jukeedoodles.com

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Julia

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I love it and have signed up on there (I'm Sarette of course!). Lovely to see all the pictures and read about you all. So pleased I've chosen to get our pup from you guys :)

S xx

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just had a thought. The puppy pictures are fab, but it would be good if each picture stated who the puppy's parents are? Or is that not feasible?

You can probably tell I am considering colours..!

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had a thought. The puppy pictures are fab, but it would be good if each picture stated who the puppy's parents are? Or is that not feasible?

You can probably tell I am considering colours..!
I totally get where your thoughts are coming from trying to predict what mother nature will give us in June (I play the same game). Yes we do know who the parents are for each puppy picture and could easily publish it. Actually all of them are sired by Ziggy but some of the mums have retired from breeding already. Our girls only have two or three litters before being spayed and re-homed by the time they are about four years old. So to name a mum who wasn't on the Our Dogs page wouldn't be very helpful. I could give you a list of the pregnant girls and a suggestion of the colours of puppies I think they could produce.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Just had a look Julia, it looks great, fab pictures, super info, I like it better than what you had previously . Will become a member ... when I can get someone to show me how to !!!! x

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you go about finding homes for your retiring ladies and is this difficult from your point of view x
Do you know that was our biggest worry when we started - what were we going to do with the retiring girls. Thankfully it has been really easy! We have re-home five girls in the past two years and all have gone with hours of the ad being published, all to lovely pet homes. There are people who don't want to go through the puppy stage and our girls have been selected for their great temperaments and looks by us already. None of them have got any issues, problems or dark hidden secrets, which is always a consideration with a rescue dog for instance. They are still young fit and healthy and much cheaper than a cockapoo! We do ask a few hundred pounds for them as I think it is bad practice to give anyone a dog. Paying money makes people think about the responsibility a bit more. One young couple have two of our girls, they drove 6 hours from Cornwall for a Ellie. They were so happy with her that they did the same thing 12 months later for her kennel mate Tandy. Both girls, reunited and loving being house pets.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I totally get where your thoughts are coming from trying to predict what mother nature will give us in June (I play the same game). Yes we do know who the parents are for each puppy picture and could easily publish it. Actually all of them are sired by Ziggy but some of the mums have retired from breeding already. Our girls only have two or three litters before being spayed and re-homed by the time they are about four years old. So to name a mum who wasn't on the Our Dogs page wouldn't be very helpful. I could give you a list of the pregnant girls and a suggestion of the colours of puppies I think they could produce.
Ah of course, I forgot about the retiring ladies! Yes, I'd love it if you could send me a list, but only if it's not too much trouble!

I've never been a lover of the usual poodle look, but your 2 boys are just gorgeous! I think Ziggy is my fave :)

S xx

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I think your boys look fab .. i love the coat like that instead of all pom poms etc ... it certainly makes them look like boys and you can see the traits that the cockapoos take from them more easily x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts