I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about a winter meet when Jools posted about the Christmas one, which sadly I can't go to with it being a week day and it would be nearly two hours for me to travel to.

I wondered if it would be possible to arrange a New year meet somewhere? I am not sure where everyone is or how far they are willing to travel but I would love it to be under an hour and a half from Oxfordshire if possible? I had a look at the map and Oxfordshire actually borders six counties!

I was so sad about missing last weekends meet and the travelling distance would have been fine for the kids and Daisy.

Any ideas.....I thought it would be a nice way to see the New year in (weather permitting!) x

· Registered
269 Posts
That's a great idea! I'd love to meet Jools and Sue before Christmas but I'll be really busy with work so a new year meet would be fab!
Virginia Water was perfect as a venue but don't know how that suits for everyone else distance wise?

Pip X

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can investigate although I am a bit clueless once I step outside of Oxfordshire! I will have a look tomorrow but if anyone has any thoughts please feel free to suggest places. It would be great if it suited as many people as possible. :D

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have started researching large park type places in the different counties and I will make a short list but happy for suggestions. There is one that looks nice in Bedordshire and I wondered if that might be a good central place. Anyway, when my head is tired from reading about poverty and health inequalities tonight I will get back to my Country park research! :D

· Registered
1,584 Posts
I have started researching large park type places in the different counties and I will make a short list but happy for suggestions. There is one that looks nice in Bedordshire and I wondered if that might be a good central place. Anyway, when my head is tired from reading about poverty and health inequalities tonight I will get back to my Country park research! :D
Which one is that Sarah?

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was Priory but I wanted to call them to make sure it was ok to walk dogs off the lead before I shortlisted it! :D Do you know it?

I was also looking at Emberton Country Park nr MK, Wendover Woods in Bucks, Dinton Pastures in Berkshire, Delapre Abbey in Northamptonshire (just off M1) and that was as far as I had got! :)

· Registered
1,584 Posts
It was Priory but I wanted to call them to make sure it was ok to walk dogs off the lead before I shortlisted it! :D Do you know it?

I was also looking at Emberton Country Park nr MK, Wendover Woods in Bucks, Dinton Pastures in Berkshire, Delapre Abbey in Northamptonshire (just off M1) and that was as far as I had got! :)

Yes I do go to Bedford Priory.
You can let dogs off leads but must have the under control- it can get busy at weekends but if looking at Jan then less so. There is a paved walk around the lake then grass areas coming off from that and some wooded bits although some routes are closed till March due to the birds and wildlife. The parking is also free.

I am hopefully meeting up with some of PF members next month and we are looking at either Dunstable Downs or Ashridge ( Berkhamstead) so if we do go I can let you know what they are like ( unless you fancy coming?)

I also have used Marston Vale Country Park and that's a nice place to meet too. ( hopefully meeting bearyclairey next month there too as this weekends coming visit got cancelled).

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I do go to Bedford Priory.
You can let dogs off leads but must have the under control- it can get busy at weekends but if looking at Jan then less so. There is a paved walk around the lake then grass areas coming off from that and some wooded bits although some routes are closed till March due to the birds and wildlife. The parking is also free.

I am hopefully meeting up with some of PF members next month and we are looking at either Dunstable Downs or Ashridge ( Berkhamstead) so if we do go I can let you know what they are like ( unless you fancy coming?)

I also have used Marston Vale Country Park and that's a nice place to meet too. ( hopefully meeting bearyclairey next month there too as this weekends coming visit got cancelled).
Oh, that's good to know. Thanks. :)

I might tag along if that's ok, as long as I am free. :)

· Registered
413 Posts
I was just thinking about a winter meet when Jools posted about the Christmas one, which sadly I can't go to with it being a week day and it would be nearly two hours for me to travel to.

I wondered if it would be possible to arrange a New year meet somewhere? I am not sure where everyone is or how far they are willing to travel but I would love it to be under an hour and a half from Oxfordshire if possible? I had a look at the map and Oxfordshire actually borders six counties!

I was so sad about missing last weekends meet and the travelling distance would have been fine for the kids and Daisy.

Any ideas.....I thought it would be a nice way to see the New year in (weather permitting!) x

Hiya :) I live in Banbury and would be happy to help you organise something ... or meet up if you're in Oxfordshire too :D

Definitely game on for a meet in the New Year though, be great for Archie to have a run around with some fello 'poos!

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ooh You are so close to me, I am in Bicester! :D

Thank you for the offer, I have just finished an exam so I can now concentrate on looking at country park type places that would be good to meet. :)

If you have any ideas, let me know. x

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha - me too!!! I curse the day I discovered Monsoon and Cath Kidston were @ Bicester Village ;)
Monsoon is closed now! :( They are trying to clear out the non designer shops. I only really go to Fatface and Cath Kidston. :) I heard today that Pandora have opened a shop there. I don't have one but I imagine it will be popular.

I will happily have a poo fest nearby though if you would like to combine with a bit of shopping! :D

Karen, Ashridge looks very nice, I will, make a short list this weekend. Alot of places say 'dogs must be under close control'. Is this normal, will we be ok in places like this? I guess they just don't want irresponsible dog owners letting dogs go all over the place? :confused:

Does anyone have any thoughts on when in January would be good? I was maybe thinking 7th/8th or 14th/15th?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.