I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all new to the site i am looking for a cockapoo puppie i live in bristol does anybody know of any puppies in my area for sale :confused:

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Hi Tony, Welcome! There are alot of people on here who I am sure will be able to give you a hand....do you know what kind of Cockapoo you are looking for? boy girl? colour? show or working? american or English??
Enjoy the forum, its a fun place

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we are after a girl, english, not sure on working or show is there that much differance would like an apricot/cream

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Toni if I was more computer literate Id be able to post you a link to where show v working is discussed at length... but if you search you should be able to find it. I dont think there appears to be a particular difference in the look of the cockapoo and there are people with both kinds on here. Mine are both show crosses as at the time I presumed that a working cocker would need more exercise but from what others say there does nt sound to be much difference. But its is discussed on a thread. I think with hind sight I would nt have a preference but would be swayed by health and temprament. Have you checked breeders on line, epupz, pets 4 homes. Enjoy your search x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Toni

Great to here you are wanting a cockapoo.. They are a great pet, size, coat and character .. all great .. cockapoos are people orientated dogs and they love their human companions ...

I have two and a new puppy hopefully coming soon ..

You seem to have a good idea of what you are looking for, regarding the mix... toys are supposed to be smaller but some toy mixes do come up big, working mix is supposed to be either more active or more trainable, depending on whos opinion you ask ... a cocker spaniel is one breed and many working cockers may not even be used as working dogs, a cockapoo puppy looks the same from either show or working background in my opinion..... some cockers have both show and working lines in their background.
Each dog is different so the best thing to do is to work out roughly what you would prefer then view the parents and the breeders of your choice... and go from their

Picking a breeder and a puppy can be tricky... but it really is all about personal choice .. I have posted a buying guide on my dogs life, which may assist you in your search, it is open useful information with no preferences, as your choice is always the right one for your needs :) happy puppy search ...

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hi Toni and welcome!

Have a look on www.breedersonline.co.uk there are alot of breeders listed on there and you can also search by available puppies.

Have a good read of JoJo's blog and please make sure you ask lots of questions about health testing and how the puppies will be raised.

Good luck with your search and let us know how you get on. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got one

hi all
we picked up our 8.5 wk old puppy last night she is perfect and very playful once again thanks for all your help and info.
tony
;)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Wow that was quick - 3 days flat from starting your search for a puppy through to bringing one home. That has to be a record. Did you get an apricot girl like you wanted? Would love to see some pictures :D

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Congrats :D
We saw the puppy we wanted online on the Friday and brought him home on Monday! Have fun with your new family member!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
our new puppie

hi all
many thanks for you best wishes we did get a girl she is apricot we got her from yeovil we got to meet her mum and dad as they are family pets which did make it easy mum is a working cocker and her dad was a poodle i will put some pics up as soon as i sort out how to :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts