I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just have to say i think this web site is like a breath of fresh air !
not yet a cockapoo owner but soon will be. litter expected soon .

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
hello and :welcome: ! Tell us more! Where are you planning on getting a pup from, have you had dogs before? When you get your pup we'd love to see some pictures :D

Reactions: wbee

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, have you found a litter or on the hunt for one, do you konw what your after American English cocker cross Toy/Mini poodle F1 F2 etc boy girl, colour ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mum is my Blue Roan Show type Cocker Spaniel and dad is a Miniture Apricot Poodle. I breed Cocker Spaniels but this is my first litter of Cockapoos. Pippa is the sweetest little thing she looks like she might explode she is that big. She is due to whelp on Tuesday but i don't think she will last that long.
Any ideas as to what colors we might expect ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello
I have been breeding Cocker Spaniels for about eight years and spent a short time showing my dogs. I soon realised that showing was not for me as I could be spending the day with my dogs on a walk in the forest, rather than be stuck at a show making small talk with strangers whilst the dogs are in cages. It must of been so boring for the poor dogs. I feel very strongly about the way alot breeders have breed dogs that are clearly not fit for fuction but fit for the Show ring . I think this is why the Cockapoo has intriged me so much, it seems anything go's. It does'nt seem to matter that its ears don't meet its nose, it doesnt seem to matter that its a bit long in the body. It doen't seem to matter that it's tail is curled etc. The one thing that does matter is it's temprement and health i agree 100 % that these are the most important qualities in a dog.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
How exciting- please keep us posted! I had a blue roan cocker spaniel when I was growing up, now I have a blue roan cockapoo! I must say I am a big fan of roans. My mum had an orange roan cocker too- she bred from her and had 3 blues and 3 oranges.

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Mum is my Blue Roan Show type Cocker Spaniel and dad is a Miniture Apricot Poodle. I breed Cocker Spaniels but this is my first litter of Cockapoos. Pippa is the sweetest little thing she looks like she might explode she is that big. She is due to whelp on Tuesday but i don't think she will last that long.
Any ideas as to what colors we might expect ?
Hello and welcome to the forum. I can't wait to see what puppies you have?Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
puppies arrive

Hi Tessybear. My little Pippa had her babies. All arrived safely. Seven wriggly little pups one black with white bib, six buff colored. Absolutley gorgeous.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Congratulations on your babies... I must have missed your post first time round. Is Pippa a first time mum ? Hope alls well looking forward to seeing your babies and hope that cockapoos are the way to go for you. Both of mine had blue roan mums x

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Oops. Bit of a time warp there! Think I must have clicked on reply after just reading the first page! Congratulations on your new babies! Look forward to pics!

Karen and Rufus x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Tessybear. My little Pippa had her babies. All arrived safely. Seven wriggly little pups one black with white bib, six buff colored. Absolutley gorgeous.
Hi wbee.. show your cockapoo loving friends those little beauties please xxxx

We love puppy pics on here ...

Is there one in there for me ??

Congrats on your first cockapoo litter.. bet they are wonderful xxx

1 - 20 of 23 Posts