I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I really want to start lottie on natural instinct I went on there website but maybe I'm being really thick but I wanted to try and work out the cost she is 2 so how many icecream size tubs would she need a day? Also do you need to give them vegetables or do they get all they need from this?

Any help would be much appreciated

Clare x

· Registered
3,324 Posts
Hi Clare, you feed NI according to the weight of your puppy, increasing the amount she has as she grows. It is only a guide, but it is about 5-6% of her body weight, so a 3kg pup would need about 150g a day, your icecream tub of NI (1kg) would then last just under a week. The lady at NI is really helpful, give them a call and they will happily talk over any queries. :)

· Registered
8,636 Posts
Hi Clare they work it out onthe weight of your dog and say they should have between 2 and 3 per cent of their body weight. A 10kg dog would have 200g a day, so half an ice cream 400g tub. I feed mine 100g a day for one meal and a chicken wing at tea time. You can adjust the amount if you think they are loosing or gaining weight... good luck x

· Registered
744 Posts
Feeding amounts depends on your dog weight and individual requirements. For adult dogs the norm is 2-3% of their bodyweight per day so a 10kg dog would get 200g-300g per day. It is up to you if you want to feed veg- NI has it included but i like to give a variety. Another place to try for food is rawtogo which is where i get all my frozen from- great value and variety. I just blitz some veg (reduced in supermarket!) n bits in the blender, into a tub and freeze- defrost as you need it! :)

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your help lottie weighs just a bit over 10kg so would need 200g a day also what I was wondering if the ice cream tub size how do you get half out if it's frozen I would of thought that would be hard to do?

Thanks a lot x

· Registered
744 Posts
looks like we are all on the case Katie lol... how is the lovely Lola, do you keep in touch with her syblings x
Ahh what a helpful bunch!!
Lola is perfect!! My husband gets jealous over how much i kiss and coo at her- she is just such a lovely little pup. :p

I do keep in touch with the others, have had updates on Reuben and Harry last week with pics which make me want to cry with pride!! Ted came into work on friday night for his worming (10.8kgs at 6months!! :eek:) so i got to have a cuddle with him. I am so lucky that they all have such fantastic owners (and they are lucky people- even if i do say so myself!!).
I will try to get some updated pics of them all on soon!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.