I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quickie really. I use vet beds in the house and they are fab, easy to clean and dry quickly.

I've just found on line that you can buy non slip vet beds and I was thinking of getting one for the back seat of the car.

At present Millie has full use of the back seat and takes herself into her basket and lies half in half out on car journeys. She walks along the back seat to get to her basket along a towel. As the photo shows :D

However, it is all rather messy, the towel moves and the seats get dusty and dirty.

The non slip vets beds I guess can be cut to size. Has anyone else tried using them in this way?

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Not tried non slip vetbed Julie, but it sounds a good idea...

I love the pic .. Millie you are so spoilt ha ha ha

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't she just. She made it clear some weeks ago that she didn't want to be shut inside the basket. But showed us that she's very good at just sleeping in their on journeys, maybe with her head sticking out. I hope she's still safe, I think so :D

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
we got them but Ec ho chewed the edges of the rubber under bit. just sat ad picked bits off. i would never get it again as didnt like the rubber bit after it was washed.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I have a bit of a "thing" about everyone being strapped in the car, I'd worry she might be thrown about in an impact. I have harnesses and the dogs sit on the back seat strapped in. Luckily the seats are leather, the mess after the beach is unbelievable. Funnily enough, I was looking at non-slip vetbed (with a snazzy faux cow pattern) today, but couldn't think where I'd use it! Let me know if you buy it :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Julie

we haven't tried a non slip one but i could see they would be useful. More so for us in Oscar's crate, bless him we dont hear a sound from him but his vet bed is all over the place in the morning, lol

We have car harnesses for both oscar and Dexie that clip in just like a seat belt, i am a paranoid mother, and that something might happen to them. We also have a car seat cover that is just perfect, it clips around all 4 headrests so protects the seats really well and has holes for the seat belts:D

Let us know if you get one, would be interested to see what you think :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
just checked at it doesn't work so hear goes for the second time :Dhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Clix-Safe-Harness-Small-55-65cm/dp/B001UHRWVM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1313085739&sr=8-2

·
Registered
93 Posts
ok so that doesnt work either, told you i was useless at this. You can see from the link that it amazon so hopefully you will be able to get it. :D

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting thoughts. I must say, I am angling towards a harness, but at the moment Millie does stay in her basket and the door faces the side of the car. I like the idea that she can move freely about and a harness needs to hopefully allow this.

Think I'll give the mat a try and hope she doesn't decide to eat it. Found a nice black one with paw prints all over it. I'll let you know how it goes, it has to be better than a towel that keeps slipping. :):):)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Julie - I bought the harnesses in pets at home, and separate "lead" part that clips on and plugs in to seat belt, gives them quite a bit of slack :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
ha ha ha , silly me :D

Can't remember really but i'm sure that Halfords do them:)

We got the extention bit too, really does make a difference, i always thought Dexie was a little restricted but now she can move freely - happy days !!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
We have a big adapted VW Transporter minibus and have made a dog compartment within it. Just a week ago we put non slip vet bed down and cut it to size. Lovely grey with black paw prints - looks fab!

We have found on long journeys it rides forward about an inch - not much at all really, but it is laid down on carpet which may make a difference. The space we have for the dogs is about the size of an estate car boot I would say. Good space for Rufus and our retired greyhound. Basil will go in a crate until he's a bigger boy. :)

Karen x

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't realise the harness had an extra bit, that makes it more appealing.

Karen - love the vetbed in your wagon, very stylish :D

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Julie, not sure I explained very well - it's not an extension, it is the bit that attaches to harness and plugs in where the seatbelt does. Even on it's shortest Phoebe can move freely on back seat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts