I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening you lovely lot,
I鈥檝e read lots of your discussions recently and decided to join now we have our gorgeous 10 week old cockapoo.
Hubby and I are debating what Waffles coat will look like in a few weeks - his mum is a Show Cocker Spaniel and his dad is a f1 miniature poodle.
Waffle has the long poodle face, and a clear wavy coat. But- he doesn鈥檛 look like a traditional Cockapoo, and his fur is short wave- as oppose to traditional long waves. See attached pics, hopefully you鈥檒l see what I mean :)
Would welcome your opinions on what coat type he will have so that we can settle this debate! 馃榿

Attachments

Registered
Our Digby was also very poodly at that age and had a similar wavy coat. He is completely black so doesn鈥檛 show up well in photos, but his coat is now very curly, a bit wiry, but also feels likes crushed velvet when he鈥檚 just clipped. I know it鈥檚 hard waiting to see how your pup turns out, but it鈥檚 half the fun not knowing. Have fun with your pup.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for coming back to me! So very kind of you to comment. I鈥檇 love to see a pic of your pooch鈥檚 face from when he was little? Waffles coat has a definite wave- I am convinced his hair on his face will grow fluffier which will make his face look more cockapoo like. Time will tell- he is the most gorgeous boy and has slotted into our family perfectly!
Our Digby was also very poodly at that age and had a similar wavy coat. He is completely black so doesn鈥檛 show up well in photos, but his coat is now very curly, a bit wiry, but also feels likes crushed velvet when he鈥檚 just clipped. I know it鈥檚 hard waiting to see how your pup turns out, but it鈥檚 half the fun not knowing. Have fun with your pup.
Good evening you lovely lot,
I鈥檝e read lots of your discussions recently and decided to join now we have our gorgeous 10 week old cockapoo.
Hubby and I are debating what Waffles coat will look like in a few weeks - his mum is a Show Cocker Spaniel and his dad is a f1 miniature poodle.
Waffle has the long poodle face, and a clear wavy coat. But- he doesn鈥檛 look like a traditional Cockapoo, and his fur is short wave- as oppose to traditional long waves. See attached pics, hopefully you鈥檒l see what I mean :)
Would welcome your opinions on what coat type he will have so that we can settle this debate! 馃榿
I have more pics from today- to me his coat is changing to hubby it鈥檚 the same 馃檲

Registered
The first photo is about 9 weeks and the other two are recent aged just over 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts