I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,008 Posts
Yes this is a worry my cars small,if i got poo number 2 i would have to buy a new car first!!

Ive tryed Buddy in the back with no crate ....nightmare! its ok when im driving but i couldnt leave him if say i had to nip in anywhere he was scratching to get out.

Have you had to have the crate made to fit?

· Registered
2,008 Posts
There are loads of hatchback friendly crates on the internet, apparently it may be illegal to have an unrestrained dog in a car ( not sure need to research that!) I used to have my Cairn free on the back of my Fiesta with the seats down but that was 16yrs ago and things have moved on a bit.
My boot is a funny shape so the only one that would fit is a soft crate (Buddys fine in it but hes ripped one side but suppose ive had it for nearly a year).
None of my friends have crates in their cars ? suppose if you have something seperateing the boot from the car its fine?
I also brought a harness seatbelt when i first got him....never used it hes usually so mucky after a walk i dont think id want him on my seats in that state.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.