I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Oh wow Clare you did good :D He's tidied up but not 'over done'. How is he doing now, he looks happy and well in the photos?

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mandy! I was quite nervous and thought it better to be cautious with how much I took off incase I really bodged it up!

He's doing super well, running and leaping around - back to his old self :). We have a check up at RVC tomorrow am but I've no concerns at the moment.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow Clare he looks fab! Hope you're both doing ok. I've only been brave enough to try and trim Maisies eyebrows so far so she can see where she's going! Think I am going to have to get some clippers and trim her soon :D x

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow Clare he looks fab! Hope you're both doing ok. I've only been brave enough to try and trim Maisies eyebrows so far so she can see where she's going! Think I am going to have to get some clippers and trim her soon :D x
I had some Wahl clippers at home and got a 1.5" clipper guard for it from ebay. You must get all the knots and tangles out first. I had to cut most of the matts out. Took a long time! Give it a go, you can always go to the groomers if you mess it up ;).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great job! I wish I were so brave! Any suggestions on trimming the hair between their paw pads? Chips are too long, but I hate to take him for an entire groom just for that!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great job! I wish I were so brave! Any suggestions on trimming the hair between their paw pads? Chips are too long, but I hate to take him for an entire groom just for that!
PBI, but I just use the clipper with no guard for Izzy's "pad fuzz". I have a #10 blade, if I recall correctly. We just did Izzy's first groom a few weeks ago...I need to post before and after pics!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Well done Clare - how did you manage to get Obi to sit still.
I had to have a go a Betty's face this weekend as she could hardly see
( also tried around her botty) but she wriggles sooooo much it's practically impossible. I tried tying her up like on the JD video but it still didn't help much.
( I wish she would still still like Buzz - it would be so much easier). I am
booked on a one day grooming course in a couple of weeks - hope they will
be able to help:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Obi looks really handsome, Clare. Well done you! Glad to hear he is well on the road to recovery. Although Reuben is still too young I've started Googling for grooming courses, but they aren't easy to find round here. I would love to be able cut Reuben's hair, but if he wriggled the way he does at the sight of a brush goodness knows what we'd end up with. I imagine punk cockapoos are soooo yesterday!?!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts