I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Oh dear, this has been a confusing couple of days :confused:...

To cut a long story short Marcus and I are having second thoughts about whether to go ahead with a Cavapoo – we’re not normally this indecisive, I promise! We’re just wanting to make the right decision.

So… we have started the search for:

- A hobby breeder
- Working Cocker mum x PRA tested Poodle
- Fantastic temperaments of Mum and Dad
- No further North than York
- Ready in Feb or March
- Preferably apricot or brown

We have found a couple but was wondering if anyone on here fits the above description?

Thank you for your patience!

Turi x

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
oh no, what made you change your mind???
I am no good at helping search as I am too far away

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Would one of JD's future litters fit the bill as you have specified a working cocker mum? All us owners can recommend ... :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Oh Turi .. you are allowed to change your mind ....

I wish you luck in your search ... it will be a tough search ... stick with it though ... you have time on your side :)

I recommend people contacting me ... to make a Wish List as it helped me in my most recent puppy search ....

We are here to help you if you need it xxx

·
Registered
242 Posts
LOL rather change your mind now than after you have a puppy all lined up. JD's sounds like a good idea to me or at least for a look (or have you already been? i cant remember) i know alot of people dont thing much of preloved.com but it might be worth a look and a few phone calls, i found wispa on there so its not all bad. good luckx

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Hi Victoria, what a surprise! Would love to know what swayed you? Did Marcus win you over in the end? ;)

Good luck with the search, I'm sure you'll find your ideal puppy and of course we'll all be waiting with baited breath to see who you finally choose!

If I can help in any way just shout.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Aww it's nice to see we might still have another cockapoo owner on ILMC, what brought on the change? I'm afraid I can't give advice on working cockers as mine are both show line :) But good luck!! :D

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I am always shocked when I look at preloved ... no I wouldn't use that .. stick with Breeders Online and Epupz ...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Thats a shame.the cavapoo from the previous litter was gorgeous!! There are only a small amount of hobby breeders on here,im a bit far away for you and next litter will be american and jojo wont have pups by then.breeders online and epupz may be your best bet,good luck x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Thats a shame.the cavapoo from the previous litter was gorgeous!! There are only a small amount of hobby breeders on here,im a bit far away for you and next litter will be american and jojo wont have pups by then.breeders online and epupz may be your best bet,good luck x
Ahh Adam (HappyAd) I think he may have a litter planned next year .. just not sure when ..

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Who ever you choose and from where ever you choose, you will love your cockapoo. I wouldn't dismiss the big breeders, they do know their stuff. If it fits in with your timetable then go for it.

Just think, we'll have you at another Cockapoo meet, with your cockapoo puppy :whoo:

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tess, yes we thought we’d decided too... dope! :confused:

Amanda, what made me question the decision was the way that Marcus tried to put on a brave face every time he told people that ‘we’d’ decided to get a Cavapoo rather than a Cockapoo. His best friend said, ‘I thought you had your heart set on a Cockapoo’ and Marcus was so quick to say that WE had made the decision together... so sweet but inevitably has made me feel very guilty!!! :(

Sue, I would have loved one of JD’s pups but think their Jan-Mar batch are already spoken for, sob!

Jojo, thank you for the support x

Yes Dawn, at least we’re changing our mind NOW rather than later down the line...! I printed out the breeder list from Breeders Online today as I accidentally kept contacting the same people... not the most user-friendly layout (what’s that saying... ‘bad workman blames his tools'...?!) Anyway, where people haven’t specified Cocker type or timing I have made contact. Yet to hear anything concrete.

Thanks Clare... yes see above, Marcus did win me over. To be fair I don’t think he did it on purpose. Unless instead of reading the puppy book homework I gave him he’s been studying the cute puppy dog face on the front cover....

Laura, thank you for the good luck cheer! x

Mandy, thank you for the support x

Julie... in light of a confusing situation your comment about coming to the next meet with pup has just made me VERY excited!!! In four to five months time I could be a fur-Mummy! :love-eyes:

Turi x

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, these are the people we've made contact with so far...

Liza in Hertfordshire – she has a brown working girl who she's crossing with an apricot miniature Poodle. But we're 8th in line... :rolleyes:

Annie in Kent - brown working girl x White Miniature Poodle. Bitch not in season yet but hopes to have pups in March.

**** in Lincolnshire. Large brown working girl x Toy poodle (can't remember the colour). Girl should be coming into season in 3 to 4 weeks.

Bob in Lancashire – Brown working girl x Miniature Poodle. Bob's girl is STUNNING. She's not in season yet. Green eyes to die for :D

Not bad for an afternoon's work (yes, we're having a quiet period in the office...!)

Turi x

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
What a rollercoaster ride you and Marcus are having Turi! I'm quietly thrilled that you have gone back to the idea of a Cockapoo .......even though the pic you posted of the Cavapoo was gorgeous. I'm such a Cockapoo fan.

I know you have your heart set on a certain timing but it might be worth waiting just a couple more months for your ideal breeder/colour etc. Your dog will be with you for many years to come so what is another few months?

Anyway, happy searching! Looks like you're well on the case!

Karen xx

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I wonder if the chocolate bitch with **** in Lincolnshire is Coco. This was a tall bitch who we didn't want to breed with so sold her to a local guy who bred top class border collies who wanted a cocker for his wife as a house pet ....he said! She was young and we believed him so sold her unspayed.....and have since seen her advertised on his website as ONE of his cockers breeding cockapoos. We learned a lesson then and always have bitches spayed now before we re-home them. However looking at his collies I'm sure she is being very well cared for. You live and learn in life. :(:( J x

1 - 20 of 68 Posts