I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

New member here, so I finally found a cockapoo puppy--that the breeder said is 9 weeks.
But from the video, it looks as if the puppy is only 4 weeks--I think he's very small--I am right?

So I wonder if the puppy is actually 9 weeks old, Born 11/21. Also, my kids have allergies and asthma.
And my main concern is if the puppy will be curly with facial hair. I mean to be totally hypoallergenic.
No fleecy or flat hair but curly.

The breeder confirmed that he'll be quite curly but there are no guarantees of the furnishing facial.

I am sharing the short video, perhaps someone who's familiar with the breed's coats and texture can
tell me if his coat will get curly later on...

Thank you so much!

Lina

Puppy

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I can't see the video I am afraid.

I would say though if coat type is vital for allergy reasons you would be far better getting a breed that you can spend time with beforehand to make sure allergies are not triggered than a cross breed where the coats are mixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see the video I am afraid.

I would say though if coat type is vital for allergy reasons you would be far better getting a breed that you can spend time with beforehand to make sure allergies are not triggered than a cross breed where the coats are mixed.
Hello,
Thank you for your opinion. I am sorry the video didn't load up. I am trying to fix it and send it over. The thing is sometimes even if you are fine with the puppy coat it can change later on and give you allergies or worsen your asthma--unless it has the curly coat. Puppies coat can change so quickly and begin to shed.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
Coco cockapoo 18 weeks
37 Posts
Hello,
Thank you for your opinion. I am sorry the video didn't load up. I am trying to fix it and send it over. The thing is sometimes even if you are fine with the puppy coat it can change later on and give you allergies or worsen your asthma--unless it has the curly coat. Puppies coat can change so quickly and begin to shed.
Thanks!
He's gorgeous looks like he's gonna be wavy not really really curly mine looked similar curl at that age n similar size too which I thought was small .think he could be 9 weeks .our Coco looked similar at 8 weeks when we got her this is her now and then.Hope this helps x
Dog Dog breed Comfort Floor Carnivore
Dog Dog breed Water dog Carnivore Companion dog

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awww, Coco looks so cute with her wavy red/champagne coat.
This helps to have a clear vision of the red puppy--he'll be similar; I think.
Thanks,
X

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Pup is lovely - but whatever the breeder says there is no such thing as hypoallergenic. Different people react to different things with dogs which is why with allergies I would always go for a breed so you know exactly what coat you will end up with. One of my friends reacted badly to my cockapoos coat but was absolutely fine with my labrador/collie cross

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I will do some more research before I decide. Possibly on F1b to be on the safe side.
Best,

·
Registered
144 Posts
F1b is definitely a little safer. I suggest having the child and puppy meet before deciding to see, if they have an allergic reaction. Best to go for the very curly ones. However, some people react to the dandruff and saliva, so you can never be 100% sure unfortunately. My mum has a fur allergy and does not react to my puppy, who is wavy not curly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

New member here, so I finally found a cockapoo puppy--that the breeder said is 9 weeks.
But from the video, it looks as if the puppy is only 4 weeks--I think he's very small--I am right?

So I wonder if the puppy is actually 9 weeks old, Born 11/21. Also, my kids have allergies and asthma.
And my main concern is if the puppy will be curly with facial hair. I mean to be totally hypoallergenic.
No fleecy or flat hair but curly.

The breeder confirmed that he'll be quite curly but there are no guarantees of the furnishing facial.

I am sharing the short video, perhaps someone who's familiar with the breed's coats and texture can
tell me if his coat will get curly later on...

Thank you so much!

Lina

Puppy
My son gets itchy red welts if a dog licks him. He’s very reactive to saliva. With allergy kids, it would be good to spend time with the puppy to be sure all is well. (My son is an adult now with his own home)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts