I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bedtime is pretty good.... 10 or 15 minutes noise and then peace. Apart from this morning when Dexie went downstairs and scratched at the kitchen door and woke oscar up at 3am. Wine wine wine!! Sarah popped him in the garden and then back in the crate.

Wine wine wine.....! Now we could have both ignored it but not so sure about the neighbours.. didn't seem fair to let him whinge at that time of day. We all know how sound travels at night!!

We know we should persevere and don't mind the bedtime whinge or the early start but where do we go in the middle of the night?? We're thinking of keeping Dexie TWO doors away from him tonight and hope he doesn't wake up till a "normal" morning time.

Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
It’s not just a puppy thing ... Oakley had my hubby up 3 times last night ... my dogs were acting so strange last night .. Oakley whining ... Hubby said it was so hot downstairs last night... he reassured them, gave them a drink, let them out in case of a wee, but they, well Oakley, was not settled at all...

You may notice I say hubby got up, he is such a light sleeper, I would get up and I am great at sleeping downstairs when we are introducing a new puppy, but I do like my sleep.... its the long dog walks .. I am so tired :)

I hope it was just the heat ... will keep you posted ...

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Its a hard one cos you've got Dexie as well, when we got Mable we were considering where to have them both sleep. After getting great advice from Kendal we chose to have them both sleep in the same room, as she said are you hoping that they will sleep togther eventuall and the answer was yes. So I suppose start as you mean to go on. Mable is 10 months now and still in her crate with Wilf just in his bed but in the same room. However the first night Mable came home Mable cried for 2mins when she went to bed and Wilf cried until 2.30am..... why have you left her in here with me. But then things were fine. I think Dexie was just looking for Oscar and then he knew she was out there, I suppose they are getting used to each but then seperated at night. I'd be inclined to put them together tonight.... not saying straight off it will go swimmingly but if Dexie has a sleep over tonight you could possibly have the same situation when she gets back. Lovely girl was just checking on her ickle bro x

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Karen

I'm thinking your right that she was just checking on him. We are going to try keeping them in the same room tonight and see how we go. I think its going to be trial and error for a few nights to see which scenario works best, Soooo Glad we are off this week,at least i can catch up on sleep during the day.

I'm off now to deliver flowers to the neighbours in way of an apology for this mornings disturbance :eek: i'm sure they will be fine but at least i will feel better if it happens again.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Phoebe has always slept downstairs, I put her bed in the hall some weeks ago, and put the crate up beside it the week before we got Izzy, so she would get used to it. I'm hoping eventually that they will both just sleep together in Phoebe's big bed.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Poppy has always slept in her cage, so I just re-introduced the divider so that Daisy could slept next to her, but not with her. This has worked great from day 1, apart from Daisy's cough waking Poppy up. I did try them together in the crate last night without the divider, but after 30 minutes of noisy play fighting I had to separate them. New bigger crate on order - should arrive this week, so will try them together again when there is a bit more room. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Yeh we hope to get rid of the crate .... very soon and them just sleep together, I think they'd be ok now actually but would nt trust Mable out of it during the day yet as I think she'd get bored too easily x

·
Registered
573 Posts
Treacle never gets us up in the night - but last night she was scratching at the utility room door at 2am! it was hot and I think she was unsettled by the heat - looks like we are in for the same tonight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts