I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first of all what a great place for help and finding answers, loads of hints and tips!
this is marley our first dog we've had, it had taken a while for me and our boys to convince the the boss to let us get one but got there in the end, (she loves him just as much as us now). well what can i say, i thought it was going to be hard having a new pup and i was right, we picked him up on friday 5th of august, we were ment to have a journey home of about an hour and a half but due to the m25 getting shut it was a 4 hour trip! we were worried about marley as it was a warm day but he was great sat inbetween my eldest son and mrs in the back of the car, he drank water from a bowl we brought with us every time we offerd it so we were a bit happier knowing he had fluid in him.
We are not keeping him in a crate atall, we put him in the kitchen for his first night with radio on, we new he was going to cry as they all do (he did), in the end i spent 2 nights on the sofa just to settle him in, from sunday he has been left in the kitchen at night with radio on and the cooker light on, he still cry's but we are doing the ignoring treatment now (is this right?) it seems to work as he was a bit quieter for longer last night so hopefully it is, 9 times out of 10 he does his wee and poo on the paper bye the back door ( during the day aswell), we have started letting him in the garden now, he loves it, he done a poo within 5 mins of being outside so got lots of praise for that, we can now tell when he wants to poo as he sort of sniffs about and walks in a few circles so we try and catch him and let him do it outside. he is booked in for his second jab next tuesday, were all looking forward to when we can go on propper walks with him in a few weeks. :), will try my best to keep you all informend of his progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that il tell him (ha ha) whats a jd? i hope the crying stops soon, like most on here its the neighbours i feel for.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Lovely little fellow - Ignoring most unwanted behaviour is your best weapon. Check out the 'Cockapoo meets' section of the forum. There is a get
together in Virgina Water on the 9th October which is not too far from Basingstoke.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry about the jd thing, we got him from basildon in essex, that meeting sounds good, our friend was only saying yesterday that they go there with there dog, will check it out.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Welcome to Marley and you.

A lot of pups on here come from Jukee Doodles, they are breeders based in Lincoln. They often join in in comments on here and are very helpful.

Hope you enjoy this site as much as we do. :D

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Marley & Owners .. gorgeous puppy really cute, lots more photos always welcomed on here. He looks a bit like my Honey .. and she a cracker (oh no that's me bigging up my own dog - that's not good, but true!)

We are all cockapoo crazy on here and you will love it, lots info, advice and most of all fun :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome on here, it's so great to have these wonderful people here. Marley looks very sweet! It all sounds really good, you doing a great job. Cider barked and howled for the first 4 nights, then settled. He is still an early riser though. Enjoy, your puppy, they grow far to fast :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the welcomes, will try and put some more pics on soon, marley only cryed for 20 mins last night, (fingers crossed for tonight):)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Aim for 10 mins tonight :) sleep well and be a good boy Marley xxx

He will settle down after a few night to possibly a week .. each puppy is different xxx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts