I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some paddy whack today & Dexter is enjoying himself having a good chew. It's lasted all day which is great for a change from rawhide chews & stagbar. But how often can I give these things ? Is it ok for him to always have one available - or should I be careful of these treats ?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ojwqzf
Sent from my iPhone
Lisa - mum of 3 boys, Dexter Cockapoo & 4 hens !

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hattie's toy box contains paddywack, pigs ears, pizzles(dried bulls penis!) tripe sticks etc, she chooses a different one every day also some stag bars which I think are best for serious chewing. I don't think they would cause a problem it is apparently cows neck tendon!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Gaia loves Pizzle sticks too. We got some Paddywack for her to try yesturday and she enjoyed that, today she has been chewing on a venison marrow bone. My daughter says my utility room where I keep Gaias treats smells really bad, that'll be the dried fish skins, pigs ears and trip sticks added to the mix of the others:D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Oh I wish Teddy would chew something he is meant to:rolleyes:! No matter what I get him, he buries. He won't eat anything that is large - even his meat has to be in smallish pieces or he leaves his dinner! I have had the bulls's bits and all that but nothing gets eaten! It would be lovely to give him something that I know would keep him busy for a while:(

·
Registered
235 Posts
mine both love Paddywack but I only give them if i'm around as they can splinter and I worry about choking. I'm the same with hide chews too and only give the pressed bones not sticks or shoes as a friends dog swollowed one and nearly died, so I only give the heavy pressed type. Im not sure paddy wack is bulls penis. I always understood it to be the sinew that holds muscle to bone. but it did make me laugh when I read that.
I found something at which at first I thought was pigs ear........on closer inspection they turned out to be dried puffed cows snouts!!!!! dogs loved them oh well what ever floats your boat :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.