I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning our princess went for her pre op consultation, ready for her keyhole spay on Monday. I feel very confident and happy about the whole process, tho I know I'll be feeling sick all day Monday waiting to hear she's ok.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Hi Sue

Patsy will be fine...Betty took it all her stride - the only problem I had was stopping her from bouncy around all over the place. ( Oh and remembering to
undo her vest when she wanted to go for a wee:D:D)

Where are you having her done ??

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Poppy is booked in for the keyhole spay next thursday as well. It sounds like a much better procedure, unfortunately we didn't know about it for my poor Izzie. But we thought since Izzie will still be knocking her around a bit and that Poppy loves to play, the keyhole spay would be the best idea.

Let us know how everything goes :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh thank you everyone. Patsy went in today at 8.20am and came home at 5pm she was very pleased to see us but since being home has slept bless her. The op went well but due to fine skin has bruised quite badly. It's weird but our younger dog has sensed how she's feeling and has left her alone and is currently sleeping next to her, where as normally she'd be charging around. There funny little things aren't they? Scares are very small and she has a lovely vest on. Looking forward to seeing her a little more with it tomorrow. What a tough day, what with the worry of her and my daughters rabbit was put to sleep this afternoon! Blimey it never rains does it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi all, thanks for comments re Beths rabbit, it's weird without him around:-( on a good note Patsy is doing soooo well I can't believe how she is today, almost back to her bouncy self. My mum had Margo today so that Patsy could just chill with me which worked really well as Patsy has slept quite abit. Day 2 with keyhole is great as they can jump, run etc as normal. They just need to keep their vest on (which they provide so I'm not sure on the size) and not get the wound wet. We have our day3 check to tomorrow so will keep you posted, but I'm sooo pleased with her progress. Paul: we had her done at your vets in Yateley, there great! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.