I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had an email through from Petlog asking me to check the details on the microchipping of Millie. Its quite basic, Crossbreed, Female, Black & White and my contact details.

But its also offering me for a one off payment of £7.50 to upgrade to Premium. I think with this I can change details more often, ie holidays, have other contact people listed.

Is this something I should be doing, does anyone else use this. I honestly didn't realise that there was a log, just though if Millie was found wandering, she'd be scanned and all the info would just come up then.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Milliedog, I upgraded after getting Flo, mainly because I could put holiday details on there and also if I change my mobile number or I move house I can just update for the lifetime of the dog. I think otherwise you would pay an admin charge each time to change details. It was just peace of mind for me. :)

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Hi Julie, I have been offered this in the past but haven't taken it up. Seemed a bit pointless for me but I guess if you are spending a lot of time down in Bournemouth it's worth adding that address to it?

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Wow, strange that they charge for that over there.

When we got Lady Microchipped, we were given a website where we can change info whenever we want. also we were allowed 5 numbers, so we even have my mom listed incase we are out of the country.

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Hi Julie, I have been offered this in the past but haven't taken it up. Seemed a bit pointless for me but I guess if you are spending a lot of time down in Bournemouth it's worth adding that address to it?
That's a good point! Julie, certainly worth thinking about given you go away a lot. Imagine she were lost in the New Forest? If she were found and scanned down there they could find you at your other address and not just the Herts one.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point. I did think some time ago, if I lost her in Dorset that it would get a bit complicated. I'm registered at two vets, so I guess it makes sense to register the microchip at two addresses.

Thanks everyone.
:)

·
Registered
739 Posts
i ALWAYS advise clients to upgrade- they charge you around £7-10 to change any details (phone numbers etc) so you may aswell upgrade as its a one off payment.
Also, you can add special features/ medical problems should they arise- this can be useful for the finders (usually vets/rescue/dog warden etc) to know if a dog is on medication so that the condition can be monitored until they are reunited with their owner :)
I also go away a lot with the dogs so the locate feature is great for me. if they go missing, i can call a number and let them know my location and they will alert vets/rescue etc within a certain radius.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.